Is Fingerprint Required for JAMB, NYSC, PUTME, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, etc? -

Is Fingerprint Required for JAMB, NYSC, PUTME, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, etc?

Fingerprint and scanning seem to be laterally required during certain registrations. The usual bodies we register include the JAMB, NYSC, WAEC, GCE, NECO, NABTEB, etc.

However, each of these bodies has a few registrations they do across the year. For instance, NYSC registrations include mobilization, relocation, revalidation, etc. JAMB includes UTME/DE registration, change of data, part-time registration, regularization, etc.

Whereas not all these registrations or activities will require you to register your fingerprints or biometrics of any type.

The bottom line is that not all these registrations require finger scanning or biometrics. 

This post aims to answer a few questions as collected below and many other more.

  1. Does WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB registration require fingerprints?
  2. Does JAMB UTME/DE registration require fingerprints?
  3. Does JAMB change of data require fingerprints?
  4. Will I do fingerprint capturing for JAMB regularization?
  5. Does JAMB part-time, Distance learning or NOUN registration need fingerprints?
  6. Will I need fingerprints for NYSC registration, revalidation, relocation, etc?
  7. Does Common Entrance or JSS 3 Exams need fingerprints?
  8. Will I need to do fingerprint capturing for post UTME or screening?

Let's dive into it.

Need for the Fingerprint Scanning in WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB registrations

Generally, all SSCE registrations now require candidates to do fingerprint scanning before they will be able to enrol and partake. The requirement for fingerprints covers not only the internal or school candidates' exams (WAEC April/May, NECO June/July, and NABTEB June/July) but also the external or private candidates' ones (WAEC GCE Jan/Feb and Aug./Sept.NECO and NABTEB Nov/Dec).

Hence, the presence of a candidate is needed at the registration centre or point to get his or her fingerprints captured for any of the exams above.

RecommendedInformation Needed to Fill Post-UTME/Screening Forms

Need for Fingerprint Scanning During JAMB UTME/DE Registrations

To register JAMB UTME or DE, you will need to do fingerprints. Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board requires individual prospective admission seekers to use the service of accredited CBT centres to put in for the registration of UTME and DE. Each of these CBT centres will capture your photo, data, and fingerprints (biometrics) during the exercise.

As a result, each candidate should be ready to be captured with fingerprints inclusive. 

In fact, fingerprint capturing is so important for UTME and Direct Entry registration that where candidates have issues capturing their fingers, the board has made appropriate provisions for such exceptional cases

RecommendedDo I Need NIN for Change of Institutions/Courses, Data?

Post UTME/Screening Doesn't Require Fingerprints

After the UTME will come the post UTME or screening, depending on the one your school of choice adopts. As of now, no university, polytechnic, or college of education will require you to capture your fingerprints during the post UTME or screening registration.

Generally, institutions will require you to fill out the form online and participate in exams or/and physical screening. Some will limit your stress to the online application only. However, whether online screening, physical screening, or exams, candidates will NOT be required to capture fingers at any stage.

However, after being admitted, for example, at the Polytechnic Ibadan, candidates may be required to do fingerprint capturing during the fresher registration and documentation.

RecommendedCan I Register For NYSC Myself or In Absence?

JAMB Change of Data NOW Requires Fingerprints

Before now, candidates were not used to capturing fingers for the change of institutions and courses. However, from the 2021 admission exercise, candidates are now required to do capturing of fingerprints before they can change their courses and institutions.

The fact that you're to do the change of institutions/courses and similar data corrections at an accredited CBT just like the JAMB UTME and DE registration, does mean you must capture fingerprints for data corrections.

To do the change of institutions and courses, you also need to make the service payment and effect your changes at an accredited CBT centre or any connected cafe around you

RecommendedCan I Get Profile Code Online and Use it For JAMB?

JAMB Regularization NOW Does Require Fingerprints

Similar to the change of institutions, courses, and other data, candidates, before now wouldn't need to do fingerprint capturing for the registration of JAMB regularization. However, as of the time of this write-up, an individual applicant for the regularization will be present and capture his or her fingers at the point of the registration.

Of course, JAMB regularization will take you to a JAMB office, compulsorily, before you're able to do it. Yet, you're required to be captured your fingers. The office will take your prints and fill your biodata, O'level, and other academic details with certain school references to get you fully registered.

RecommendedHow to Fill Surname, First Name, Last Name, and Middle Name

Uploading of Results to the JAMB Portal Doesn't Require Fingerprints

If you didn't earlier upload your results (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, NBAIS, GCE, IJMB, JUPEB, BSC, HND, NCE, or ND) to the JAMB portal during the UTME/DE registration, you will need to do that later.

When candidates using awaiting results for their admissions are ready to upload, they may use the service of CBT centres or find out if certain cafes around them are connected to help do that

Either a CBT or café won't need to capture your fingerprints to upload your results. All you need is your JAMB profile code, Full name, and the printout of the result in question in order to upload to the JAMB portal.

RecommendedPaid for Results/Letters, Name Still Not on Matriculation List?

JAMB Part-Time, DLC and NOUN Registration Requires Fingerprints

Candidates who apply for any programmes other than full-time are categorized under part-time, distance-learning, or NOUN. These applicants, apart from the regular applications for their programmes, must also register with JAMB. This registration is called JAMB part-time, DLC, and NOUN application.

Whereas, candidates will have to be physically present at CBT centres for the registrations, just like UTME candidates, for the capturing of their data and biometrics which include fingerprints.

RecommendedDetails of Information To Fill Your NYSC Mobilization Registration

Using Fingerprints for NYSC Registration

The process of mobilizing graduates for service starts with the periodic mobilization application called NYSC mobilization. The registration requires the capturing of each prospective corps member's fingerprints and biometrics.

An accredited cafe for NYSC should be in possession of a fingerprint scanner that would be used to capture your biometrics online or offline. 

Therefore your physical presence is required in order to complete your NYSC registration for service.

Most-Read PostDoes NYSC Use Year of Graduation or Year of Mobilization?

NYSC Relocation Doesn't Require Fingerprints

While applying for NYSC relocation, you may be tempted to think Relocation will require fingerprint capturing just because you did the same during the mobilization application. No, you wouldn't be required to apply for relocation with that.

RecommendedCan a Corper Be Posted Back to His State of Origin?

The processes involved in NYSC mobilization usually start from your time on camp. There, you will put in your interest to be relocated. Only a few details including your call-up number, reasons or any supporting documents will be required to process the application.

RecommendedCan I Use Fake/Downloaded Medical Fitness for NYSC Camp

No Need for Fingerprints for NCEE and JSS 3 Exams

As of the time of this writing, applications for the National Common Entrance Exams and Junior School Certificate Examinations don't require fingerprint capturing of a kind.

Pupils and JSS 3 applicants are only required to register through their individual schools and/or designated centres where fingerprint scanners won't be needed.


Apart from the JAMB change of institutions, courses, other JAMB data, JAMB regularization, NCEE, BECE, NYSC relocation, applications including NYSC Mobilization, JAMB UTME/DE, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or GCE will require fingerprints and/or biometrics.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #500 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's personal attention

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

  1. 5 Issues UTME Candidates Should Expect in the Exams and Solutions
  2. Can Another Person Help Me Register UTME/DE?
  3. Direct Entry Form: DE Registration, Price, Closing Date, etc
  4. JAMB UTME/DE Form: Steps to Register
  5. Will I Serve at NYSC If I Do Affiliate Programme?


  1. Can I does neco without finger print

  2. The fingerprint required for Nysc , does it have to do with jamb details

    1. No. You be required to match-take the fingerprint every month before your payment (during the monthly clearance).

  3. Sir I have linked my result on jamb site but yet to do the thumbprint , will they be any problem if the Utme form is out ?

    1. You don't need fingerprint for to upload result to the JAMB portal.

    2. Please can I register for jamb in a different state and thumb in a different state

  4. please can i use 4000b u.are.u finger print scanner?


Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me