How to Do JAMB Regularization For DE, HND and NYSC - School Contents

Updates and Guides For Schools, jobs, Academic programmes and Admissions.

Sunday, 27 October 2019

How to Do JAMB Regularization For DE, HND and NYSC


You may not have heard about JAMB regularization exercise until you finally need it or fall victim to the need for its registration.

Hence, I want to believe you’re on this page in order to find answers to any of the following questions.
  1. What is JAMB regularization?
  2. Is it compulsory to do it?
  3. How do I go about applying for it?
  4. What is the portal or website to do it?
  5. Does it involve Biometric/fingerprint
  6. What is the closing date?
  7. How much is it?
  8. Can it be done at a café or I must go to a JAMB office or CBT centre?
  9. After the registration what next?

And more…

I will love to be brief with my explanation, yet you need to be patient where necessary as to get this in detail.

See: How to Check Matriculation List on JAMB Portal and Solutions to Issues

What is JAMB Regularization, Is it Important?

This is an exercise by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board to provide solutions to issues involved in the students’ admissions. These issues may likely hinder such candidates from furthering their studies or proceed to NYSC. And this is the medium through which JAMB comes in to help.


Let’s view these scenarios

Scenario 1: A student was given admission to a polytechnic through the daily part-time program. This DPT doesn’t require UTME results from applicants. Hence, admitted candidates for such programs can skip UTME.

Scenario 2: A student of a college of education was given admission through the pre-NCE program. Such a student moves to 100 level of his course and completes her NCE. All these he does without writing UTME.

Here is where issues arise!

The two students above, after completing their ND or NCE program, now want to proceed to universities through JAMB direct entry form.

Direct entry applicants don’t require writing UTME though, yet they need to pass through JAMB as the body in charge of Nigeria admission administration.

Whereas, JAMB needs your details with them for 100 level admission in order to provide you future admissions.

Don’t forget these applicants didn’t write UTME in the first place.

Read: Can I Obtain a University Post DE form Without JAMB DE? See Answer

This is where JAMB regularization comes in.

Such applicants don’t have any details with JAMB. Hence, they will have to register for JAMB regularization to:
  1. provide their information for JAMB such that they can be recognized as students being given admission through JAMB
  2. re-activate their details with JAMB (if any)
  3. be given an assigned JAMB registration number which they will need to do things like printing of JAMB admission letter (for future reference), NYSC mobilization purpose after their degree etc.

Scenario 3: Those candidates who wrote JAMB in their years of admission but were not given admission through such JAMB result, will also be required to do JAMB regularization.

Scenario 4: Those candidates given admissions through JAMB result but not given the same course selected in UTME (admission years before 2017) will equally do JAMB regularization. Those from 2017 to date will only do the change of course.

Who Must Do JAMB Regularization?

With reference to the scenarios above, the following candidates will be required to do JAMB regularization:
  1. Direct Entry applicants – These students who had been given admission to their previous programs without JAMB or fall to any of the cases above will be required to do JAMB regularization before they proceed to JAMB CBT center for their direct entry form application.
  2. HND Students: There two conditions for which HND students can be asked to do it.
  • First, before being given HND admission, the school asks you to do it in order not to delay you for NYSC because you will need your JAMB registration number for NYSC. 
  • Second, some schools may wait till you’re graduated and ask you to do regularization in order to be mobilized for national service.

Processes To Apply for JAMB Regularization

Step 1:
Visit an internet café. Here, they will initiate your registration. Applicants will be required to choose one of the two options below.

Did you write JAMB in the year of Admission?
  • If yes, your JAMB regularization will be done onto the JAMB registration number you provide from your then JAMB result. In order words, you will provide the JAMB registration number for the old result, then the café will register you for that number.  
  • If no, the café will register you afresh so JAMB later assigns you a new registration number. In this case, you will have to wait for JAMB to send such a new number to your email provided during the regularization application.
  • Note that – the result doesn’t necessarily mean to be a higher score. All you need is the registration number. In this case, when JAMB approves your regularization, it’s your old JAMB registration number and details they will activate for you.

What If you're Offered Another Course than the one you chose in UTME?

  • This where cafe select the option, "Change of Admission Letter"
  • You will supply your old JAMB registration number and you will apply for the regularization based on the reason that the course given to you was different from the one selected in UTME.
During the registration, you will be asked to fill details about yourself, the school of admission, the provost or registrar name, his phone number, his email etc

Step 2:
  • After your application is completed, the café should print your confirmation slip for you in color.
  • Take this print-out to your school – where you did your NCE, ND or Diploma.
  • The school will sign it and send it to the JAMB office themselves or give you another with it to be submitted by you.
After some days or weeks, JAMB will send you an email to confirm they have approved your regularization.

Step 3
Now you can print your JAMB admission letter as evidence of your admission. JAMB admission letter is still N1,000 at the time of this writing.

You now have your details with JAMB which you will need for future reference.

Your JAMB registration number can be used to proceed for your Direct Entry registration, HND program and NYSC mobilization purpose.

Quick Questions and Answers on JAMB Regularization

Will I be sent PIN after completing my JAMB regularization?
It’s not PIN you’re expecting, it’s a fresh JAMB registration number if you didn’t fill any during the application.

If you supplied a previous registration number during the application, you only wait for a confirmation message for the approval.

What is the website for JAMB regularization?
You will need to visit

Then, you will need to first create a JAMB profile before you fill JAMB regularization. This can be done at a Café or CBT center.

What is the closing date or deadline for JAMB regularization?

It doesn’t end or close. This is because it is a continuous exercise across the year.

You can register anytime.

How much is JAMB regularization?
The official price is N5,000.

You also need to be aware that an internet café or CBT centre will charge you for their services.

Does it Involve Biometric or fingerprint taking?

But you will need your SSCE results and passport photo.

If there are errors or mistakes during the registration how do I correct them?
You can’t correct any mistakes.

Make sure you’re careful and watchful when the registration is ongoing.

Pay more attention to items such as date of birth, gender, town/city, state etc.

People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

  1. CAPS: System Through Which JAMB Will Give Admission to Aspirants
  2. UTME is Over! What Admission Aspirants Should Be Expecting in a Few Weeks After
  3. UTME/DE: A Major Requirement to Gain Admission to Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
  4. 10 Things to Know About JAMB Change of Data, Institutions and Courses


  1. if my date of birth on the SSCE is different from the one I used on my jamb and even the on the birth certificate, what will be the implication and the necessary remedy please?

  2. Sorry for your situation,

    I will answer your question form the experience.

    This is not particularly a problem.

    The date birth in your JAMB is lately more recognized for admission. This is the date of birth that your proposed school will actually recon with.

    This is because the school admits based on the date of birth submitted with JAMB and not that of WAEC, NECO, NABTEB etc.

    The same date of birth will be sent to NYSC for mobilization in the future.

    But if you chose to change your date of birth in JAMB or WAEC, follow the guides in the articles below.

    Cope the links to your browser to read.
    JAMB correction of date of birth

    WAEC correction of date of birth

  3. Please sir, I submitted my jamb regularization form in my previous institution

    I registered the regularization without a jamb registration number

    And I was told that in 3 months max I'll receive an email from jamb with them giving me a new registration number

    Since last year November I submitted till now no email, please help

    1. Anyway, that is the normal process indeed. However, with the situation on ground, kindly revisit your school to be sure that they'd sent it to JAMB. If yes, JAMB will get back to you in no time.

      Best of luck!

  4. Thank you so much for this write up. Honestly, I found solutions here to all questions bothering me.

  5. Pls I'm I to submit d jamb reg print it to d school I did ND or HND

  6. Please sir, according to one of your article online, you said that 2019 daily part-time students should not do regularisation, that they should get jamb part time application form, but when I went to the cafe to apply, I couldn't find the name of the institute where I am doing my two years diploma program among the the institutes provided by Jamb. What should I do?

    1. Thanks for getting back.

      Kindly wait for your school to give you instructions on this.

      Best of luck.

  7. I gained admission with another course for my OND that doesn't match with the one I put in jamb and I went to print out my jamb admission letter yesterday but am still seeing the course I put in jamb then and is jamb that gave me admission but the school change the course for me presently in hnd2 now, what should I do now?

    1. The answer is already covered in the post. Read again.

      You must do JAMB regularization. Talk to your admission officer for more clarification.

  8. Please sir,jamb gave me admission but the school change the course of study in 2015 and yesterday I went to print out my jamb admission letter but am still seeing the course I put in jamb then,am presently in hnd2 now,what should I do now

  9. Good day,please sir ,i just graduated and i will like to know how i can change my date of birth which was wrongly enter in jamb to tally with my degree result ,so i can be mobilised?

    1. You will need to correct that through JAMB regularization.

      Talk to the admission office about that as well.

  10. I'm a graduate of Auchi Polytechnic part time program. I just finished my National Diploma in Banking and Finance this year being 2019. I went to do regularisation and the cafe man asked me to provide my jamb registration number (I did jamb in 2015) but got admission in 2016. And he used the registration number to do regularization for me... Please I want to ask if this will affect me or if I have to apply for another fresh regularisation entirely. Thanks sir

    1. This point has been well explained in the post.

      Kindly read again.

  11. Hello sir,Jamb didn't offer me admission,it was the skul dat gave me admission and the NYSC list will be out in few days,wats my fate sir about this?

    1. Of course you will need JAMB regularization as explained in this post.

      However, kindly speak with your school admission office about your situation. They'll guide you back to regularization.

  12. What if jamb gave me admission from another skool, but did my ND in another school entirely. Which means they have my info with them... And I remember the time I registered for DE I was told am safe not to do the regularization then... Now this my final year as a HND student, try to check my name on matriculation list, the response was that 'Not on matriculation list. Do I need to do the regularization and if yes, will pay the same amount???

    1. This post has addressed this situation as well.

      You still need regularization. This option is "change of admission letters". It's under regularization too.

  13. Pls sir I wrote jamb in 2012 and got admission in to a college of education but I could not process the admission instead I applied to a polytechnic and got admitted but not through jamb,so I did jamb regularization by applying for change of admission letter since September using the 2012 jamb registration number but up till now I have not received any mail from jamb or should I just go and print my admission letter inorder to be in the matriculation list or what is the solution. pls help I want to go with this batch c stream 2

    1. Get back to the school you submitted your indemnity form to, after completing the regularization, they might not submitted it to JAMB for you.

  14. please sir, I've never sat for jamb examination before as a result i don't have a jamb result but i was regularized for admission into 100 level by Jamb and it was approved.
    hope it's legit and won't affect me in future??

    1. If you read the post all over, your issue had been addressed.

      What you did is legit if you've done it right.

    2. Please sir I was given admission in my institution,but before the admission could come I mistakenly change my institution instead of changing second choice which was polytechnic the cafe man mistakenly changed my first which was university. Now d university has given me admission but jamb did not. What should I do?

    3. Change back to the school if they're still accepting changes.

      If they're not accepting changes again, you may need to stick to the polytechnic you changed to.

      The post below will shed more light.

  15. Pls sir I did my OND in a different institution without any jamb registration, now am in my HND program, different course and different school. Where will I sign my form. Can it be done in my present school now

    1. You will sign it at the former school. The form is to show that you schooled with them.

  16. I did jamb regularization submitted to my school after process they give me another school instead of the school I went to please what will I do