Can I Obtain Post UTME/DE of a School I Didn't Choose? -


Can I Obtain Post UTME/DE of a School I Didn't Choose?

You Can Register for Post UTME forms of Schools You Didn't Choose But Not All
JAMB logo
While having a school as the primary focus of your admission, you may be thinking you can still write another school's post-UTME as a backup. Yes, it is possible, especially if the other schools were equally chosen as the second, third, or fourth choice during the JAMB UTME registration or changing of institutions exercise.

Can you do the same if you didn't choose the school at all?

Let's get this clearer with a case study.

Joseph chose his schools as follows:

1st Choice - Federal University of Technology Akure
2nd Choice - Federal Polytechnic Ede
3rd Choice - Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo
4th Choice - Petit Institute

I'm sure, very many candidates follow a similar approach to choosing schools in UTME. 

To see a dozen of other approaches to selecting institutions, you might not think were possible, read my post, "How to Choose Institutions in UTME and DE: A Must Read for All Admission Seekers".

Back to Mr. Joseph's story.

He is about to write FUTA post-UTME when he thought he could possibly have chosen Ekiti State University as the second choice or changed to the school. Now, He asks. "can I just register for EKSU Post UTME without choosing them in JAMB or change of institution as a backup?"

ReadTrue Nature of Post UTME and Subject Combination

In other words, some candidates want to know if they can register for or write the post UTME of a school they didn't choose at all? If yes, will such schools offer admissions without choosing them?" If they offer admissions, won't it require changing to them again? If it requires, won't it be too late to do the change of institution by then?

This post will duly answer your questions and other related ones.

You Can Register for the Post UTME forms of Schools You Didn't Choose But Not All

Yes, you can.  However, not all schools are accepting this. Let's see where you can and where it may work or otherwise.

Schools It Can Work for:

  1. Schools that do not collect candidates' details from JAMB before they allow candidates to register for their post-UTME will allow this.
  2. It will also work for schools that won't require candidates to come for physical screening or exams.

Category 1 is made up of schools that do not require applicants to register for Post UTMEs; starting by entering their JAMB registration numbers. Some schools will not let you register for their post-UTMEs unless you log in with your JAMB registration number. In this case, they had already collected the candidate's data from JAMB and updated their databases with those data. Hence, JAMB registration will serve as the login key for such candidates.

If you choose those schools, you won't even be able to log in and continue with post-UTME/DE registrations so you can't register for the post-UTME of this set of schools. A few schools, in this category, I can mention here, including the University of Ibadan, Obafemi Awolowo University, University of Lagos, University of Benin, etc. For more on this, see my post, "After Changing Institutions, How To Check If It Has Reflected".

RecommendedList of Courses in Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State

Category 2 will let you do this. You can find a few of this set of schools in my post, "Schools that do not write post UTME". Another post that can help you spot such schools is, "Universities/Polytechnics that Accept 2nd or 3rd Choice for Admission".

But there is a unique condition to look for. Once the school allows you to register without using JAMB registration as the key to start the online registrations, you can consider their post UTMEs or screenings without choosing them in the UTME/DE or without changing to them, in the first place.

RecommendedSchool Chosen in JAMB, Do I Need to Buy Its Post UTME Form?

Yes, some schools, including Osun State University, Osogbo (which allows you to choose OTHER option if you have not chosen them in JAMB or you chose them late), Adekunle Ajasin University, Ondo, Adeyemi College of Education (NCE & Degree), Tai Solarin University of Education, University of Maiduguri, Abubakar University, University of Abubakar, Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ladoke Akintola University, Ogbomoso and more don't ask you to start their post-UTME registrations logging in with JAMB registration number. And where they do, it's not necessary that it's in their database first.

Another condition is attached here. Schools that will not ask you to come for physical screening or exams will allow this. In other words, those using online screening only such as EKSU, Ado Poly, UNIMAID, UNIOSUN, FEDPOLY ILARO, IBADAN POLY, etc. will be right for this. See the three methods post UTME/Screening may take.

If a school asks you to come for physical screening or exams, they may want to see your original JAMB result or JAMB change of institution slip as proof that you chose them in JAMB. In fact, some will itemize all documents you will take along.

Will A School I Didn't Choose in JAMB But Obtain Its Post-UTME Offer Me Admission?

I have answered this question in my post, "Is It Possible To Be Offered/Given Admission By School You Didn't Choose In JAMB?"

As a direct answer to the question above, the answer is YES. But for your own case, we need to know more.

I've seen cases where schools that candidates didn't choose in JAMB or never changed to offer them admissions. In fact, candidates may not even partake or obtain their post-UTME/screening forms. I stated such in the post linked above. Yet, this doesn't happen at all times. 

In your own case, you may need to follow the following recommendation if you must obtain a school's post-UTME form without choosing them in JAMB or without changing to it first.


Wait for your main focused school to release her cut-off marks and see if you have hope. Some candidates will know their fate immediately after the post-UTME. Once, they see their scores, they know where they belong. Once, you know your fate is not promising, kindly and quickly change to the school you considered as a backup. Then, consider them as the first choice.

For example, let's say my main focus school is UNILORIN and EKSU is my backup (that you didn't choose in UTME). Immediately after my result at UNILORIN was 40% - you failed. Now, you will rush to change to EKSU as my first choice.

This change must be made before EKSU starts releasing her admission lists or before releasing all lists. This is the only way they can offer you admission too. This is because schools will not offer you admission unless JAMB does. JAMB will not unless you're in the database of the school's candidates (except in special conditions) - and usually as a first-choice candidate.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #1000 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY.

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

  1. Admission or Post-UTME, Which Comes First?
  2. Change of Course Has Not Reflected, Can I Register Post UTME? See Answer
  3. Can JAMB Give A Candidate Two Admissions in CAPS?
  4. After Changing Institutions, Can The Previous School Offer Me Admission? See Answer
  5. Can I Change Institutions/Courses Twice? See Answer
  6. Will I Be Offered Admission if I Change Institutions? See Answer
  7. Can I Gain Admission With Only JAMB?
  8. How to Know If You're Offered Admission
  9. Change of Course and Change of Admission: Any Difference?


  1. Evening sir. I lost the simcard I used in registering for 2020 utme, so I went on to use another number when registering for eksu post utme. Hope I'm good?

    1. You're good. You don't need JAMB phone number for the post UTME. You can use another number for your post UTME. You only need JAMB phone number for JAMB activities such as change of institution/courses.

      Read more through through the link below.

  2. Sir can i do change of name in jamb after registering for post utme with de old name

  3. Hello sir i choose University of ibadan for my first choice and obtain their post utme form but i didn't go for the exam. Can i still be offered admission in other school that i choose. I choose lautech for my second choice

    1. No school is accepting 2nd choice candidates. You may not be luck with other schools.

  4. Sir can I change to FUTA?
    I didn't choose them at all

  5. Sir,I registered for eksu Post utme before changing them to first choice on caps. The change reflected on jamb caps,my aggregate score on my screening slip is 61.1 for physiology. But during my post utme registration,I had not change eksu to first choice so I picked the others option as my institution of choice on the page before the screening form page. I don't t know if this can be the factor of not been admitted so far. Is it compulsory for me to also alter the choice of institution on eksu screening form? If yes,how do I go about it. I hope you understand me. Please reply.

  6. pls sir, can i go for NYSC after my degree program in NTI? Tnx

  7. Wow ��
    Amazing I love it and it really help.

    Pls ��,I applied for the school that have started giving out admission but their form still available on sale and the school is not in my jamb list bcoz the school I chose that is on my jamb list is still giving out admission but I've not been given admission...
    The school I chose that is not on my jamb list may have given me admission PLS �� IF I CHANGE TO THEM LATER CAN I STILL GAIN THE ADMISSION PLS ����

    1. The answer to your question is already in the post above.

  8. My friend have 140 in jamb can she sit for fuoye screening

  9. Sir,I choose aceondo as my first choice and my second choice is ikere college of education later I did changing of institute to ikere ekiti college of education,when I wanted to collected the post utme form they told me that the school had changed to bamidele olumilua university of education science and technology,and I collected the post utme my question is that can I be offered admission?

  10. Can i use 230 to enter unn

  11. Sir how can I be admitted to IMSU through direct entry like I didn't write jamb because of (sad story )so looking at my age I decided to go through direct entry but I don't know how to start

  12. I choose ofaabas my second choose can I be offer admission in the school

  13. I chose fuoye but I did OOU postutme im yet to change it on my jamb portal just recently I went to change it but then the portal was closed but the problem is that postutme result is yet to be out do you think they will open it again for me to change to the school


Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!


Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me