Change of Course Doesn't Reflect, Can I Register Post UTME? -

Change of Course Doesn't Reflect, Can I Register Post UTME?

JAMB logo

If your change of course through JAMB does not immediately reflect on the school portal before post-UTME registration, you can proceed with registration using the old course displayed, as eventual updates are expected either from JAMB or the school, ensuring you can still participate in the process without immediate concern for the course not yet reflecting.

We have seen cases of students who did not change their schools but changed their courses. This set of students expects their changes to reflect on the school portals before they can proceed to register for the Post UTME.

They waited days, yet, the old courses still remained active on the school portals. Then, comes the question, "Can I continue to register for my school post-UTME if the new course doesn't reflect?"

I've written similar posts to this in the past. For example "After Changing Institutions, How To Check If It Has Reflected" was used to answer a similar question. "Can I Do Change of Course After Post UTME?" was equally related to this.

Meanwhile, this case is a bit different. Let me put in some clarity - using Kunle's case study.

Kunle chose Obafemi Awolowo University during JAMB UTME registration. He chose Medicine and Surgery as the course.

He didn't do the change of course until the university's post-UTME registration started. He'd learned that the 230 he had in UTME was too small for Medicine. He, therefore, decided to change to Botany.

He went on the JAMB portal to effect the change of course and waited a few days for his course to change from Medicine to Botany. But for days, the course never changed on the school portal.

The poor guy is now asking if he should continue with the post-UTME registration, perhaps the new course will later reflect on his exam schedule or final printout.

Change of Course is Different From Change of Institution

For those who may still be confused, if you change institutions to some set of schools, you may need to wait for your names and details to reflect on the school portals before you can continue with the registration. If your change has not reflected, in the case of a change of institution, you won't be able to log in and proceed with your registration.

However, some schools will still allow you to do the change to them and register their post-UTMEs without waiting for changes to reflect. I detailed the differences and affected schools in my post, "After Changing Institutions, How To Check If It Has Reflected"

But in the case of a change of course, you can still be able to log in and proceed with the registration,  irrespective of the schools, but the old course may still be showing up. This is the case of our friend - Kunle in the example above.

Should You Continue With Post UTME Registration If the Course Doesn't Change on the Portal?

The answer is simple YES. I did this for a few University of Ibadan candidates in previous years, and it worked for them.

Don't panic. You can still register your post-UTME on the old course as it appeared on the school portal. Since you'd done the change on the JAMB portal, it may mean two things:

  1. JAMB has not sent the new course to the school to update the portal
  2. School has got it from JAMB but they've not updated it on the admission portal

In either case, you can continue with your post-JAMB registration, after all, you can log in. Sooner or later, either or both parties will do the right thing. Then, the new course will reflect.

After your post-UTME, the old course can still be on your slip printed. Don't worry. In most cases, these schools will instruct you to come back to the portal for a reprinting of the exam schedule or screening results. By that time, the school must have updated the portal with the new changes and your course must have shown on the paper.

However, if the post-UTME closing date is not too near, you can still wait a while for the new course to reflect before resuming post-UTME registration. I did this for a few OAU candidates in the past and it worked.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #1000 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY. 

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Post 

  1. Is It Possible To Be Offered/Given Admission By a School You Didn't Choose In JAMB?
  2. Can JAMB Give A Candidate Two Admissions in CAPS?
  3. After Changing Institutions, Can The Previous School Offer Me Admission?
  4. Is it Advisable to Accept Another Course Than The One I Applied For? See Answer
  5. 10 Things You Must Know About Predegree Admission to University


  1. I did a change of course and it was remaining a day for the post utme registration to end I want to know if it would be changed

    1. It's not certain. However, the school may extend the closing date for the form.

  2. Please sir, I choose fut Minna as my first choice on awaiting O'level result but later discovered that I can't register their post utme without O'level result and their registration deadline was getting near, so I later do change of institution to uniabuja but the changes did not reflect on their portal before the registration was closed, and now fut Minna has extended their registration deadline, now I want to register for fut Minna immediately my NECO result is out but I don't know if am still eligible to register or do change of institution back to fut Minna before I can register their post utme

    1. You must change back to FUTMINNA. Whereas this is the last change you can make on JAMB

  3. Please sir, I uploaded my result to nsuk portal for online screening but I was disqualified because I didn't write economics in jamb. I was then asked to do change of course which I did yesterday but I'm still seeing the old course, can I still continue with the registration?

    1. Pls I did a change of course in unilag while there Post in utme registration is on, and it has not reflected in the school portal even after the exam has been conducted. Does that mean the change was not effective. Pls reply

    2. Check you CAPS to see if the change reflect. If it does, it means it has reflected.

      If otherwise, it means it has not.

  4. I did change of course in Fuoye from medical laboratory science to physiology but that after the post utme has closed. The changing of course reflected on jamb caps but it didn't reflect on my school portal.
    I did it today

  5. Please sir, I did change of course for months now it's not reflecting on the school portal, but it's showing on my jamb caps. I've waited and purchased the post utme form, I've done reprinting my exam is next week yet the old course is still showing..
    Should I proceed with the exam?

  6. While registering, would I register with my new course or old course?
    Because mine has also not reflected

  7. Sir I did change of institution and it has not reflected and post UTME is two to go before it ends what do I do

  8. sir i did change of course since three weeks ago and it has not reflect on the school portal can i collect the form without it reflect

  9. Hi sir am a DE student and I applied for medical laboratory In Taraba state university but I was given zoology .
    Can I change my course back to MLS without doing registration for zoology? Or I should register for zoology and change it immedietly

  10. Sir Tolani,I changed my course of study but it hasn't reflected on the school's website yet. Should I continue with registration or should I wait till it reflects. Registration closes on the 11th of September

  11. I did a change of course from medical laboratory science to biochemistry
    About a week ago
    It was showing on my jamb portal dat de course has been changed I did my post UTME today n de printout is still having the old course

  12. Good day Sir, I did change of Institution since on Wednesday but yet to appear on the school portal (Uniabuja) and I can't register for Postutme without the reflection Sir. What can I do Sir


Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me