Can I Gain Admission With Only JAMB? -

Can I Gain Admission With Only JAMB?

One of the questions that come to mind when you don't make it right with your SSCE result but you're perfectly right with JAMB is if it's possible to gain admission with JAMB only.

Similarly, you may ask this question if you only wrote JAMB while you've not written any SSCE or if you're just waiting for the O'level results to come out.

A few admission seekers have contacted me on whether they could gain admission to their desired universities, polytechnics, or colleges of education just with JAMB UTME results.

If you're here to ask the same question, you're getting the answer free.

JAMB Result is Useless Without SSCE Result

The primary consideration for admission into any higher institutions of learning in Nigeria or abroad is the secondary school leaving certificates.

This certification can only be achieved after you must have completed your primary and secondary education. In other words, you've made your result (even if it's not complete) in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, NBAIS, or GCE of any other four.

However, JAMB comes into existence solely to monitor and regularize admission into various higher institutions and to avoid double or duplication of admissions.

It's smart to say trying to see admission with JAMB result only is like delivering a woman without pregnancy.

So, if you've made better scores in JAMB but without O'level (SSCE) results, the UTME was clearly a waste except you're awaiting such SSCE results for the same admission year.

RecommendedIs It Compulsory To Link Your Email To JAMB?

No School Can Offer You Admission With a JAMB Result Only

To reemphasize the fact that a JAMB result is useless without an SSCE result, while any school a few schools have certain programs that can't offer you space without JAMB, you can enter such programs with just SSCE results.

You see, programs such as A'level courses e.g. JUPEB, Cambridge, and IJMB, pre-degree, daily part-time, distance learning, nursing, and a few others can admit you with just the right O'level result, they won't take you in with just JAMB.

JAMB only complements O'level results, not the other way around for many programs.

RecommendedDates of Birth: JAMB, WAEC, NIN, NYSC Solutions?

You're Allowed to Use Awaiting Results

If you're asking this question because you've not sat for WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, etc., you don't still have any major concerns yet. Luckily, most schools, if not all, accept awaiting results for all admission years.

You can still hold on to your JAMB score and pick up any of the WAEC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB to support it for admission.

If you've missed enrollment for the school candidates series of these SSCE, you can opt for the GCE series as the GCE versions especially the WAEC 2nd series can still meet up with many schools' admission.


JAMB is not enough to gain admission. You'll, in addition, need at least 5 credit passes in any of WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, NBAIS, or GCE to be admitted to any higher institutions.

Luckily, if you're without O'level yet, you can still make that with any available SSCE in sales as almost all schools will accept awaiting result candidates to choose them in JAMB. Although such results must be made and updated on both JAMB and the school portal before their admission closes for the year.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #1000 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY.

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

  1. Can I Obtain Post UTME/DE of a School Not Chosen in JAMB?
  2. Will My Second/Third Choice School Give Me Admission?
  3. Minimum Admission Age for JAMB: Age Limit for Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges
  4. Can Another Person Help Me Register UTME/DE?
  5. How To Link Email to JAMB 2023 Profile and CAPS

1 comment:

  1. I have C5 in English, C4 in Mathematics, C4 in Biology, C5 in Chemistry, C6 in Physics and 235 in UTME.
    Which school accept this, I'm opting for Nursing?
    And must have Osun as a catchment area?


Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me