I Registered for JAMB PT, Do I Need Regularization Again? - SCHOOLCONTENTS.info

I Registered for JAMB PT, Do I Need Regularization Again?

JAMB logo
A few years ago, all we had was regularization. Back then, if you were offered admission without JAMB or you were admitted as a part-time student, before or on graduation, you would apply for the JAMB regularization.

Later, JAMB introduced the JAMB part-time registration (sometimes called JAMB CAPS for PT students). This is used to address not having JAMB registration numbers by the part-time or daily part-time students. So, before you are admitted, though after the application for the PT form, or after being admitted, your school will require you to apply for the JAMB part-time registration.

However, this new registration doesn't stop the regularization which was well known before now. In other words, while the JAMB PT registration is in effect, the regularization is equally in place, depending on your situation.

So, when a student has already applied for the JAMB part-time, will he or she still need to register for the JAMB regularization? This is what this post will be addressing.

The Purpose of Both Regularization and JAMB Part-Time Registration is For the Number

The difference between students who gained admission with UTME and those that gained admission on a part-time basis or without JAMB is the JAMB registration number.

This is the number that is unique to any admitted student in Nigeria. So, without it, you are not only an unrecognized student of a higher institution, but you are also going to face certain challenges if you must process direct entry admission at a later time.

So, with the JAMB part-time registration completed, you'll be given this JAMB registration number. If you do the regularization, in your own case, you'll still be given the same JAMB registration number. Hence, we can say categorically that JAMB part-time and JAMB regularization applications serve the same purpose, though for different situations.

The question I want to ask you is, do you have your JAMB registration number and JAMB admission letter after you've completed the JAMB part-time application? If yes or no, read the rest of the post.

If You Have No JAMB Registration Number and JAMB Admission Letter

So, if your answer to the last question was no, then there is a problem which needs to be solved right away.

Work on getting your JAMB registration number. You can check the printout given to you after the JAMB part-time registration. The JAMB registration number should be there. You can also check the email used for the registration for an attached copy of that registration slip. Check right on the page, you should see the registration number containing 10 numerals and 3 alphabets. For example, 20231672DAP.

Print admission letters

You can also log in to your JAMB portal (opened during the JAMB PT registration). Then, navigate to the section "Check admission status". There, you can see your JAMB registration number.

If you can find this, the next thing is to log in to your JAMB portal. The JAMB portal opened for you during the JAMB part-time registration will have your details. You'll need the email and password for the JAMB portal. If you don't have the password, you can get it through any of these methods.

On your dashboard, locate the "print Admission letters". Click that and make payment for the JAMB admission letters. Afterwards, you should print the letters.

Check admission status

With the JAMB admission letters and the JAMB registration number with you, you won't need to register for JAMB regularization again. This is because, if you will need these for direct entry (DE) application, for instance, it's the number and the letter that you'll present at the JAMB office among other things.
JAMB admission letter for a DPT applicant

Without JAMB Admission Letter and Registration Number

If you've not got the JAMB admission letter, even after following the guide above, you may be forced to do the regularization instead.

Normally, with JAMB part-time registration done, you've saved yourself the regularization. But if you still can't have your JAMB letter and number, you're going for the regularization this time around.

How To Apply For Regularization If Needed

To do the regularization, you'll have to follow the steps below.

  1. Generate JAMB profile Code: Although, if you've got your profile code before now, you can still use the same for the regularization. However, to reactivate it or get it anew, text your NIN followed by your NIN to 55019/66019. For example, "NIN 29927379991" to 55019/66019. 
  2. Visit the JAMB Office: Start by going to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) office closer to you. There, request for regularization application.
  3. Create a Profile: If you haven’t already, you they'll need to create a profile on the JAMB portal. This involves providing personal details such as your name, email address, and a password. It's essential that the information you provide here matches the details you have given to your institution to avoid any discrepancies.
  4. Initiate the Regularization Process: Once logged in, they will initiate the regularization process. This may be labeled as 'Late Application' or 'Regularization'.
  5. Fill Out the Application Form: You will be required to complete an application form. This includes providing your personal information, details about your admission (such as the year of admission, course of study, and qualifications at entry), and information about your current status.
  6. Payment: Like most official processes, there is a fee associated with JAMB regularization. You will be prompted to make this payment online via the JAMB portal. Ensure that you follow the instructions carefully and keep a record of your payment, as you will need to provide proof of payment during the process.
  7. Submit Your Application: After filling out the form and making the necessary payment, review your application to ensure all information is accurate and complete. Once satisfied, submit your application.

What Next After the Regularization?

After submitting your application on the JAMB portal, you need to inform your institution. They may have additional steps for you to follow or documents to submit. Your institution will then process your application with JAMB on your behalf.

The regularization process can take some time, as it involves both your institution and JAMB. Keep in touch with your institution's admissions office to stay updated on the progress of your application. Once the process is complete, you will receive a JAMB registration number and, if applicable, a JAMB admission letter.

It is essential to start this process as early as possible, especially if you need the regularization for purposes such as National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) mobilization or further studies. Delays in completing regularization can affect your eligibility for such programs.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #1000 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's Instant Reply

HELP OTHERS:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me