Can I Do JAMB Regularization the Second Time? - School Contents

Updates and Guides on Schools, Jobs, Academic Programmes and Admissions.

Can I Do JAMB Regularization the Second Time?

JAMB logo
One of the issues around the JAMB regularization is the possibility of registering it twice. Is it possible to have done one regularization and later consider registering again?

Of course, a few candidates had once done their JAMB regularization for DE, HND, or NYSC - hoping that things would go well. Unfortunately, for one reason or the other, they have to consider registering it again.

In case your school had lost your indemnity form or you lost it yourself, you don't have to register regularization again. You can still reprint the regularization slip and resubmit.

In case, you made some mistakes during the first registration and you thought it's so important to amend things, you might want to know if you can reapply and resubmit the regularization.

What if you missed out on a few pieces of information during the registration, can you do it again or all over?

This post will answer your questions and related ones.

You Can Register JAMB Regularization Twice on Two Conditions

JAMB regularization, though is meant to be done once, if you've made mistakes the first time, you could register the second time.

However, this would only work flawlessly only if you had not submitted the indemnity form to your school for signing or the school has even signed but yet to send the copy to the JAMB office for the final approval.

If you've completed your regularization before realizing you ought to have perfect your date of birth because of NYSC, or instead of registering for the Condonement of Illegitimate Admission (Without Reg. Number) option, you mistakenly registered for the Condonement of Illegitimate Admission (with Reg. Number) option, you could still reregister the correct one.

RecommendedAfter UTME to DE Upgrade, Can I Change Institution/Course?

Also, a few candidates had done regularizations in the past but those registrations were not well done or JAMB could not find their submissions in the database due to the new method being used compared to the past manual method.

This set of candidates, if they check their admission status on the JAMB matriculation list will still be greeted with notices saying they were not on the list.

In this case, there may be the need to register the regularization again so that they can be included in the new database.

Similarly, if JAMB rejected your regularization application i.e they didn't approve it, and they stated they the reason for the disapproval or you seemed to know why it was declined, you would need to reapply. This time, you should consider correcting your mistake so as not to be rejected again.

RecommendedHow to Contact NYSC for Supports/Complaints?

If the First Indemnity Form is Submitted, Registering Regularization the Second Time May Not Work

As already noted, JAMB expected a one-time registration for the regularization. Hence, if you must register again, you don't need to submit the first indemnity form.

If you'd submitted that to the school, of course, you can still convince your school to hold for the correct indemnity form. Even the school may tell you you've done a few things wrongly and instruct you to redo the registration.

However, you or your school may not have control over it if the management has already sent the signed copy of the regularisation slip to the JAMB office.

The school won't have any genuine reason to reclaim the slip and resubmit another. Hence, it's most likely nothing can be done again after the submission to the JAMB office.

Meanwhile, very recently, some schools upon detecting that something might be wrong in transit with candidates' first submissions, were instructing their candidates to reapply for the regularization in order to begin the whole process again.

With this, is safe to say that you can redo your regularization based on the instruction by the school. For if you initiate the second application without their consent, they may reject it upon submission - forcing you to wait further for the first approval from JAMB.


JAMB regularization can be done twice, on JAMD disapproval with the reason, on your own observation, before the submission to the school, or on the instruction of the school, before or after the final submission, of the first application, to the JAMB office. There are genuine reasons to reregister regularization even though, it's expected to be down once.

Best Related Posts

  1. Register DE Without JAMB Number/Regularization Approval
  2. Will Direct Entry (DE) Candidates Write Post-DE/UTME?
  3. How Long Does JAMB Regularization Take to Be Approved?
  4. Why Was JAMB Number Not Found on DE Registration Portal
  5. Can JAMB Refund Money for Forms, Change of Institutions, etc?


  1. Please how can I change my date of birth for nysc.
    I am 30 will I be considered for service

    1. If you understand the post above, you should get the beter idea around this.

  2. Please I gave my friend money to help me do jamb regularization bcos I'm requesting for a new jamb reg ..she went and do Change if Addmisson application ..and submit it to school ..but I later realized and redo it again for the second time ..and removed the first form ..pls can it affect me

  3. Pls jamb has already gave me admission but there is a mistaken on my date of birth, can I do jamb regularization to correct the mistakes. Pls urgent reply sir

  4. Hello good day, I did my jamb regularization but my institution rector's name appearing on my indemnity form is different from the now rector so is there any way I can get that fixed or I have to reregister???

    1. Ignore it. They will sign and send it notwithstanding.

  5. Mine was Disapproved because they didn't fill up to 5 Olevel results how do I go about it??

    1. Sit for another SSCE to make up for the deficiencies. After that, reapply for the regularization.


Before you comment, read the post and earlier comments very well. I will NOT reply questions already covered. Don't include your email or phone number in the comments.