Register DE 2021 Without JAMB Number/Regularization Approval - SCHOOL CONTENTS

Updates and Guides on Schools, Jobs, Academic Programmes and Admissions.

Register DE 2021 Without JAMB Number/Regularization Approval

JAMB logo
If you’d already done regularization but yet to receive an approval message from JAMB, can you go ahead and complete your Direct Entry (DE) registration?

This was a question I got very recently.

The prospective DE applicant was formerly a part-time ND holder. She had done regularization in order to secure the JAMB registration number she would need to complete her Direct Entry application. Even though not every DE applicants will need the JAMB registration number.

However, there is a delay – maybe by JAMB or by his former institution. Hence, she had not got the notice of approval and the registration number for that.

She is aware that the DE form will close very sooner. Her question is now, "is it possible to go ahead with the registration while still waiting for the approval notice?"

You Can’t Go On With DE Registration Without Regularization Approval

In most cases, regularisation will give you a JAMB registration number or approve anyone you submitted to be activated.

This registration number will be asked for at the CBT centre. Then, what will you submit?

And if you submitted any for the regularisation approval, it would not be active in the JAMB’s database until you get the official notice that, the number has been approved.

RecommendedCan I Do JAMB Regularization Twice?

Alternatively, Consider Using OTHER DIPLOMA Option

As already established, you need JAMB regularisation approval before you can register for DE. However, there is a way to go around things if you have not registered for the regularisation or it's still in process but DE form will close any time sooner.

Pay attention!

When you get to the CBT centre, tell them to choose the OTHER DIPLOMA option for you. Even though you're an ND or NCE graduate and the appropriate option should have been be chosen for you. If you choose either ND or NCeE, as concerned, the system will detect that you don't have any approved JAMB registration number (that was offered admission before). Hence, they will force you out to register regularisation.

If you choose the OTHER DIPLOMA option, the system won't bother to ask for any JAMB registration number. Your DE registration will be completed.

After the DE Registration...

If you had not registered for regularization, you can now register it. And if you'd registered but not yet approved, wait for the approval.

As soon as you receive the approval notice in your email and you print your JAMB admission letter, take the approved JAMB registration number back to any CBT centre or JAMB office and ask them to replace your qualification OTHER DIPLOMA with NCE or ND as the case may be.

They will replace that and you're good to go. This is similar to using Awaiting results or replacing a result with a better one.

In case you're doubting this, this guide was shared with me at a JAMB office. It works like charm.

You May NOT Even Need The Regularisation in the First Place

Listen, the case narrated above was of a graduate of National Diploma who was offered a daily part-time (DPT) or regular part-time (RPT) and finished as such.

This set of candidates will definitely need to do JAMB regularisation and wait for its approval. However, candidates for such programmes starting from the 2019 admission year need JAMB part-time registration instead of regularisation.

Whereas, certain candidates might have registered for JAMB regularisation wrongly. For example candidates with JUPEB, IJMB, Cambridge, and NABTEB Advanced and those with Registered Nurse or midwifery (RN/RMW), Diploma in Health technologies, and related courses do not need regularisation.

They just need their matric numbers and choose the OTHERS option during the Direct Entry registration. Problem solved.

Hence, if you belong to the latter and mistakenly put in for regularisation, you can just go on with your DE registration without waiting for the JAMB approval.

Obtain the Present Year UTME and Upgrade to Direct Entry

Very recently, JAMB is advising candidates who have delays in regularization approval or whose regularizations are rejected to consider one of the best alternatives. They can just obtain the UTME for the year and later convert that to Direct Entry (DE).

Candidates who want to skip regularization application and the challenges that accompany that should take to this method as well.

What you will do is register for UTME for the current admission year. Then, after the UTME, return to the JAMB office nearest to you for the upgrading of UTME to DE.

If you're curious to know, candidates using this method don't need to write the UTME before they can upgrade. You can convert with/without sitting for the UTME.


  1. Hello, am an ND holder and still on the jamb regulization, I want to get d.e form before it close, but I did jamb during my admission year, can I risk it as long they will still used the old jamb number for approval

    1. You can.

      However, you still use OTHER DIPLOMA temporarily to get the registration done. After the approval, return to the CBT centre to change the option to OND and supply the JAMB number.

      Lately, JAMB is still advising candidates to consider buying JAMB UTME form and later upgrade that to DE with/without sitting for UTME of the year.

    2. I am an Nd holder,my registration number was not valid due to I have not do regularization... What can I do sir

    3. The solutions are well detailed in the post above. Read and apply.

  2. I change my first choice school to another uni because I was afraid they won't give me admission to my department medicine (high competition),but luckily,my name came out in the school admission list. I went back to make changes to the school again,but it was closed (from jamb change of course/institution the school is no longer accepting changes). Now am on a high risk of losing even both as the new school I change to is not giving any sign of admission. What can I do here because without jamb admission letter,the school admission is of no use. Kindly assist if there's away from normalisation, transfer,or any changes you may have knowledge of. Thanks and warm regards.

    1. Sorry about your situation.

      Send a complaint letter to JAMB. Let's if they can help you of this mess.

  3. I'm a nurse and have graduated from the University but discovered I can't have an exemption certificate for nysc cos I wasn't admitted through jamb. So should I buy a DE and then wait for jambs admission or go for regularisation

    1. You should consider JAMB regularization instead.

  4. I gained admission through prescience and I hav graduated, but now I want to go for a second degree but my regularization is not yet approved and Jamb De registration is closing , what should I do?

    1. Follow the guide in the post below.

  5. Please boss, I took jamb 2013, so university didn't offer me admission, so I went to my third choice which was college of education, now I'm done with it. I want to apply for DE, they are asking for my jamb registration number. What should I do. Is it possible to give them the one I took 2013 ? Or please help me. Thank you

    1. You need JAMB regularization.

      But before the approval, you can still register for the DE using the guide above.

      You can also obtain a new UTME and later upgrade that to DE

  6. Hello sir

    I've forgotten my jamb registration number and the email I used to register in 2016, I need to apply for DE now how can I get my jamb Regularization done or what can I do?


  7. Pls sir how do I enroll for the regularisation. what are the requirements, I stay I ogun state. And how much

  8. Please sir. I went for DE registration on the 25th of May,yesterday, without any previous Jamb registration number. The CBT center had to fill ACE for me instead of the NCE qualification that I have. I was bothered so I kept searching if I could find any help and I finally came across your write-up. Please can I go back to the CBT center to change the qualification to OTHER DIPLOMA before the registration closes?

  9. good evening sir. I graduated with ND and I'm intending going to uniuyo I haven't written jamb before I got admitted through pre-ND can I buy DE form. or can I buy uniuyo DE form without jamb, and later do regularisation?

  10. Hello, when I wanted to register for direct entry, they told me I need to regularize or I should apply for jamb and convert later, so now I heard even if I want to convert that I still need to go for the regularization before I can convert it now. Please how true is that?? Because they told me if I apply for utme and convert that I won't need to do regularization again or maybe till when I'm going for service. Now I don't understand again.please how true is that

    1. Once you can convert UTME to DE, you're done. Don't worry about regularization again.

  11. Sir
    My regularization is yet to be approved
    So can I still convert this year UTME to DE without having issues

  12. I happened to register a profile to check on my jamb status but unfortunately for me I was not offered admission. In the process of creating a profile for my self I made use of 3 names meanwhile my jamb has 2 names on it, when I went for the regulization I complained jamb personal dey told me no problem with it dat the admission will carry my name on my jamb I wrote. Hope the profile I created won't affect my jamb regularization which has 2 names , bcos I prefer the name on my jamb registration

    1. Yes, the names on your JAMB registration will be regularized if you already have JAMB registration number on which the regularization is done.

  13. Sir I want to college of health technology offa and I didn't use jamb to enter the college and I didn't do jamb regularization now I want to do DE will I need jamb regularization
    I take jamb UTME dis year which I want to upgrade will I still need jamb regularization?

    1. If you upgrade UTME to DE, you don't need regularization again.

  14. Good afternoon. Pls I want to verify something.
    If someone is a Direct Entry student who did correction(date of birth) in the DE form only, will the person need to also do a change of birth correction in the NCE jamb portal also used?
    Or does Jamb make use of only the recent DE info?


Before you comment, read the post and earlier comments very well. I will NOT reply questions already covered. Don't include your email or phone number in the comments.

Receive Posts by Email

Enter your email and click subscribe:

Then, check your email for a confirmation message. Click the link in the email to complete your subscription.

Delivered by FeedBurner