Can I Convert UTME to DE at CBT or Cyber Cafes? -

Can I Convert UTME to DE at CBT or Cyber Cafes?

To convert UTME to DE, applicants must visit any JAMB office nationwide, ensuring they bring necessary documents including their JAMB result printout, NIN, SIM used for profile code, relevant educational certificates, and O'level results, with no current fee required for the conversion process, although a registration service charge may be requested at some offices.

Now, most prospective direct entry applicants are aware of the method of upgrading UTME to DE if they don't want to register only for DE. In fact, this method has saved many the hassles of going for JAMB regularization before they can process Direct Entry.

However, when it's time to convert the UTME to DE, candidates tend to be confused about where exactly to go for that activity. Of course, they're aware that cyber cafes can handle a few things about JAMB, CBT centers can do a few things too, while JAMB offices handle some. But for the conversion of UTME to DE, who is in charge?

I will be answering this question in this post and discussing the related matters.

UTME to DE Conversion or Upgrading Can Only Be Done At JAMB Offices

As of the time of this post, the conversion of UTME application to DE, for the qualified applicants, is solely being handled by any of the JAMB offices nationwide.

In fact, most, if not all DE related activities are limited to the JAMB offices only as CBT centers and cafes are entirely exempted. So, if you must know, proceed to the nearest JAMB office, not necessarily in your state of origin or of living, to upgrade your UTME to DE.

Don't Go Without The Right Papers

First, I want to believe that you've not only obtained the UTME form but have also sat for the exam. In that case, you must have seen your UTME result. If you've not sat for UTME but think you can still convert it to DE, I'm sorry to disappoint you, you've missed out. Conversion to DE requires applicants to have sat for JAMB.

That being said when going to the JAMB office for the conversion, kindly take along the following, you will need them:

  1. JAMB result printout
  2. NIN
  3. SIM used to get the profile code for your JAMB UTME
  4. Your Certificate for your ND, NCE, HND, IJMB, JUPEB, RN, etc., depending on the one you're using for the DE
  5. In case the certificate is not available, a statement of result is acceptable if the qualification is not more than two years old
  6. O'level results, e.g., WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, NBAIS, or GCE

Payment For UTME to DE Conversion

As of the time of this post, it costs nothing to convert your UTME to DE. All you must go with is your documents as earlier stated.

To be on the safer side though, you may need to go with the usual registration service charge of about N1,000. In case they will ask for that, be prepared. But officially and on the portal, there is no money to pay for the upgrade for now.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #1000 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

1 comment:

  1. Please if I want to convert from UTME to DE but my JUPEB results are not yet out, what can I do?


Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me