How to Obtain UNILORIN Direct Entry (DE) Form -

Updates and Guides on Schools, Jobs, Academic Programmes, and Admissions.

How to Obtain UNILORIN Direct Entry (DE) Form

I've been asked a few times how to obtain the direct entry form for the University of Ilorin. And if you're on this page, you're probably in the same dilemma.

I've come to realize some misconceptions about the direct entry form. Some prospective applicants don't understand the procedures to obtain a university DE form.

They think it's a form that they can pick up on campus. Some think, you just have to fill out that on the university's portal and start expecting admission.

Some candidates don't even understand the requirements to obtain the DE form, especially for their beloved University of Ilorin.

In this post, I will clear the identified misconceptions. Then, I will show you what is required to obtain the UNILORIN DE form, and if that's not your intention show you another possibility.

RecommendedWhen Will UNILORIN Start To Give Admission?

You Can't Buy UNILORIN DE Form Without JAMB DE

For any university, and in this case, the University of Ilorin, to obtain the direct entry form, you must first or must have obtained the JAMB DE form.

This is where some admission seekers are getting it wrong.

Some are only SSCE holders e.g. WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or GCE. And they won't obtain the DE form of the university. No, you can't! DE form is not for O'level holders. It's for A'level candidates.

By A'level candidates, I mean those who already have SSCE and also got any of BSC, HND, NCE, ND, RN, RM, IJMB, JUPEB, Cambridge A'level, etc.

These are a set of candidates who can obtain a school direct entry form. Hence, if you're just an SSCE holder who thinks you can obtain UNILORIN or any other university DE forms, I'm sorry, you can't!

What you're probably looking for is the "direct-admission-form" to a university without JAMB. If that's true, you should check out universities and polytechnics that are offering admissions without JAMB.

If you've already you're qualified and already obtained the JAMB direct entry form, the next thing should be the UI post-DE form. Read the procedures to apply for the University of Ibadan Post DE form.

RecommendedHow to Obtain OAU Direct Entry (DE) Form

Some Qualified DE Applicants Don't Get The Procedures Either

Even though some candidates already have the right qualification for direct entry into the University of Ilorin i.e. SSCE plus BSC, HND, NCE, ND, etc., they're missing out on the procedures to obtain the DE form, process the admission, and be offered.

Imagine a candidate who did not obtain the JAMB Direct entry form but wants to obtain the university's post-direct entry form. No, that's not the procedure! For any full-time admission, you need JAMB UTME for a 100-level course or JAMB DE for a 200-/300-level course.

In fact, some candidates, even though qualified for the Direct Entry admission want to obtain the post-DE form of a school they didn't choose in JAMB DE. That won't work too.

You ask me how?

RecommendedHow Does UNILORIN Give Admissions?

To seek direct entry admission, as a qualified applicant, you must do the following:

  1. Obtain the JAMB direct entry form: JAMB is the first body to sell the form to you. JAMB DE form won't require taking UTME or any exam. That is for the SSCE holders only! For you, seeking admission into the 200 level, you'll only obtain DE form without sitting for UTME
  2. After that, you will wait for UNILORIN to start selling its post-UTME. This time, it'll be selling post-DE forms too. You must obtain this and fill it out online as well.
  3. In fact, the university, on specific dates scheduled, will conduct post-UTME/DE tests for both its UTME and DE applicants.
  4. As a DE applicant, you should also request your last school (the school that produced you with BSC, HND, ND, NCE, etc.) to send your academic transcript to the university
  5. Having done that, you'll be looking up the university admission lists both on the JAMB portal and the school portal.


If you're an SSCE holder seeking direct entry admission into the university of Ilorin, sorry, this university doesn't have such a provision to gain admission into the university with just O'level except for pre-degree or JUPEB. For a full-time 100-level admission, you must write JAMB and partake in the post-UTME.

Qualified direct entry candidates won't just pick up the UNILORIN post-DE form, they must also obtain the JAMB DE form and partake in the post-DE before admission is expected.

If you missed out on the JAMB UTME form (or you want to avoid writing JAMB) and you have O'level results, you can consider a programme such as the Federal University of Oye Ekiti Direct form without JAMB and schools other similar universities.

Candidates with ND, HND, BSC, and similar diplomas can also try the same set of universities for their Direct entry admission if they want to avoid the JAMB DE form.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #500 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

  1. All UNILORIN Forms: Post UTME/DE, Remedial, Postgraduate, etc.
  2. UNILORIN Post UTME/DE: Cut-Off Mark, Price
  3. How to Gain Admission into the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN): A-Z Guide
  4. After Post UTME (DE)/Screening, What Next? See Answer
  5. Must I Go to Campus to Register Post UTME/DE?
  6. How Can I Check My UNILORIN Admission List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me