Can I Use My Diploma For Another University's Admission? - School Contents

Updates and Guides on Schools, Jobs, Academic Programmes and Admissions.

You don't need JAMB-UTME Result! Gain Admission into 200 LEVEL via Direct Entry at DE-WISE IJMB Approved & Accredited School. Obtain your IJMB form today. #10,000 only! Call: 08060262334

Are you interested in education, job, and scholarship matters? A score of quality videos is waiting for you on this channel. Join Now!

Can I Use My Diploma For Another University's Admission?

There is a diploma you do in a school, usually in a university. This type of diploma is called the school-based diploma. It's the university that organized the programme and the original purpose is to admit candidates therefrom into their 200-level courses (as direct entry candidates) as they might have applied for or merited.

Let me break that down further in comparison with the National Diploma or other related diplomas

An institution-based or school-owned diploma is an internally-run 2/3-year course that trains and prepares participants for admissions into the deserved 200-level courses of a university. While the national diploma is a generally-run 2-year course in polytechnics which can be used to gain Higher National Diploma admission or admissions into 200-level of deserved course of any university of course if the requirements are met.

Other generally-run programmes include the IJMB, JUPEB, Cambridge and GCE A'level which equally help to seek and gain admission into 200-level courses at any participating university.

With the difference established above, if you're a school-owned diploma student, you may want to know if you can also use your result to seek admission into another university than where you run the programme.

In other words, if you do or have your diploma at UNIMAID, can you use it to gain admission to UNIZIK, OAU, UNIOSUN etc?

In this post, I will be answering your question.

School-Owned Diploma is Limited to the University that Runs It

If you obtain a diploma form of a university such as the Federal University of Oye Ekiti Diploma, which is a three-year course, when completed, you're only limited to using it for university admissions.

In other words, you're not allowed to use it to seek or gain admission into any other university than FUOYE.

No other university is statutorily allowed to accept or recognize the diploma certificates or results from any other university.

In fact, the diploma course is meant to strictly train and groom these students to be fit for the academic exposure of the university is the standard with that at the core of the curriculum and syllabus.

Hence, it's not relevant to the standard of another university even if another university equally runs its own diploma.

Other Diploma including IJMB, JUPEB etc Is Acceptable Widely

Among the participating universities, your JUPEB, IJMB, JUPEB etc results will be accepted by any university whether it's done with them or elsewhere.

The reason for the wide acceptance of other diplomas, such as IJMB, JUPEB, etc is because the syllabus is created by a joint body e.g UNILAG (for JUPEB) or ABU (for IJMB). So also is the setting of the exams. All participating schools and study centres will conduct the exams at the same time and with the same questions.

With this, it'll be accepted widely among the universities participating in the diploma (or A'level programmes) as long as you meet the required points/grades for the proposed course.

Best Related Posts

  1. Do Polytechnic Students/Graduates Go for NYSC?
  2. Other Admission Alternatives to JAMB Admissions
  3. Must DE Applicants Upload/Send Transcripts for/to JAMB/School
  4. Do I Need Industrial Training (IT) Before DE Registration?
  5. Do I Need the JAMB Registration Number for DE Registration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you comment, read the post and earlier comments very well. I will NOT reply questions already covered. Don't include your email or phone number in the comments.