Do Colleges of Health Technology Require Cut-Off Marks? - School Contents

Updates and Guides on Schools, jobs, Academic programmes and Admissions.

Do Colleges of Health Technology Require Cut-Off Marks?

Colleges of Health Technologies that Do and Do not Need JAMB Cut Off Marks
JAMB logo
Let’s get it straight! Not all schools or programmes will require JAMB before you can be offered admission. For example, you don’t need UTME for schools/colleges of nursing admissions. But you may want to know if the same is applicable to the colleges of health Technology/Sciences.

JAMB, of courses, is in charge of admission in Nigeria especially when it comes to admissions into universities, polytechnics and colleges of education. Except you’re opting in for programmes like Part-Time courses, sandwich, Distance Learning, Registered Nursing and Midwifery, IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB Advanced, Cambridge A’level and pre-degree, you must pass through JAMB. Hence, UTME and cut off mark therefrom is compulsory.

What is your fate on JAMB Cut off mark if you’re chasing admission into colleges of health Technology then?

Colleges of health or schools of hygiene, as a matter of fact, are partly under JAMB and partly independent. In short, it depends on the courses you’re chasing there and their admission policies. This post is an explanation of where their entries require the JAMB or otherwise.

Colleges of Health Technology are categorized as Monotechnics under JAMB. For example below are the links to the list of Monotechnics throughout the nation.

If you check through the list you will see that a majority are colleges of health science and technology.

Colleges of Health Technology and a few other Monotechnics run three programmes namely;
  • National Diploma (ND)
  • Higher National Diploma (HND)
  • Certificate Courses (e.g CHEW, Environmental Health, Diploma courses, etc)

Any college of health you find above is under JAMB and will require JAMB UTME or specific cut off mark before admitting for her National Diploma (ND) courses, but only SSCE results for certificate courses.

Colleges of Health Technology that Need JAMB Cut Off Marks

Having checked the screening and entrance admission adverts of some of the colleges, I find that some will split their programmes to those that require JAMB and those without JAMB.

For example, below is a list of those accepting JAMB for some courses and not for the others and those that want JAMB strictly.
  1. Delta State College of Health Technology (strictly through JAMB)
  2. College of Health Sciences and Technology, Ijero-Ekiti. (some courses through JAMB and some open to non-JAMB candidates)
  3. OAU School of Information Technology Management (strictly through JAMB)
  4. POGIL College of Health Technology (some courses through JAMB and some open to non-JAMB candidates)
  5. Ogun State College of Health Technology (some courses through JAMB and some open to non-JAMB candidates)
  6. UNILORIN Teaching Hospital College of Information Management. (some courses through JAMB and some open to non-JAMB candidates)
  7. Oyo State College of Health/Hygiene (Eleleye) (some courses through JAMB and some open to non-JAMB candidates)

This post can’t detail all of them though. Yet, I have a way to guide you on which is which. Kindly check for the adverts of a school you propose, go through their courses and see where they demand JAMB and where they don’t.

Colleges of Technology That Won’t Need JAMB

Some schools, however, won’t require JAMB for their admissions. This could be because a majority of them are not yet under the control of JAMB. This doesn’t mean they’re not approved; they are just yet to be under the body's control.

Another reason for that may be because they’re not running the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) courses. Rather, their courses are certificate and diploma courses. See the Differences in Diploma, National Diploma (ND) and Advanced Diploma

For example:
  1. Osun State College of Health Technology Ilesa
  2. Kwara State College of Health, Offa
  3. Lagos State College of Health Technology
  4. Ondo State School Of Health Technology


In summary, an admission seeker to any college of health technology or sciences should check the school portals for their admission requirements. There, you should take note of courses that need no JAMB UTME or possible cut off marks. And if you just click through the link of each sampled colleges in this post, you should find this out on the resulting pages.

Is your proposed school and course in need of JAMB? Or something is still not clear to you? Drop a comment in the section below.

Best Related Posts

  1. Admissions: How JAMB and Each School Will Admit UTME/DE Applicants
  2. Can I study Nursing at University with OND SLT or NCE? See Answer
  3. Are Polytechnics Offering Medicine, Nursing, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Law etc? See Answer
  4. Polytechnics and Colleges of Health Offering Nutrition and Dietetics, UTME and SSCE Subjects Required
  5. Polytechnics Offering Science Laboratory Technology (SLT), UTME and SSCE Subjects Required


  1. I have 172 in jamb can i get admission to study medical imagery in obosi

  2. Yes, most likely. You have to have the required O'level results and grades as well.


Be sure you check earlier comments to know if I'd answered a similar question. I won't reply to a repeated question. Your comment will appear after being reviewed by admin. Bookmark the post and check back, please!

Receive Posts by Email

Enter your email and click subscribe:

Then, check your email for a confirmation message. Click the link in the email to complete your subscription.

Delivered by FeedBurner