Can I Obtain Both JAMB/PUTME and PT Forms Together? -
Print Your JAMB Exam Slip
Let us help print and send your JAMB EXAM SLIP to you immediately for N500. Know your center, date, and time. Get it sent to you in just 5 minutes. Chat us on 08065152292 (WhatsApp only please!)

Can I Obtain Both JAMB/PUTME and PT Forms Together?

While seeking admission, you may be open to several options. One of such is the option to chase a full-time admission, through the JAMB UTME and/or post-UTME and Daily Part-Time programme.

Of course, the National Diploma, (ND obtainable at polytechnic), through the full-time programme is sought through writing UTME, registering online for the polytechnic's post UTME/screening, and partaking in the exams, online or physical screening. Whereas seeking admission for the National Diploma daily part-time course is as simple as having the right SSCE subjects and obtaining the form online without writing UTME. 

ReadDifferences in DPT, DPP, and FT Programmes?

As such, we have a few other differences and similarities as will be detailed later in this post. 

But to the question, can you process full-time and part-time admission together, the direct enter is YES. You obtain a school post UTME together with its DPT form. You can also obtain post UTME of a school and part-time form of another.

However, there are a few clarifications before you rejoice at the choices available to you.

Let's ride on!

You Can Obtain the Full-Time and Part-Time Forms of the Same Polytechnic

As earlier noted, you're allowed to obtain a full-time ND, NCE, or Degree (Post-UTME/screening) form of a Polytechnic, College of Education or university and at the same time, obtain the part-time form of the same polytechnic, college of education or university (be it the Regular Part-time or Daily Part-time).

Below is the list of a few polytechnics that are offering both the full-time ND and part-time ND programmes. And of course, candidates can obtain the two forms from them at the same time.

  1. Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun State
  2. Federal Polytechnic Ado, Ekiti State
  3. Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun State
  4. Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ogun State
  5. Federal Polytechnic Offa, Kwara State
  6. Osun State Polytechnic Iree, Osun State
  7. Osun State College of Technology Esa-Oke, Osun State
  8. The Polytechnic Ibadan, Oyo State
  9. etc

You Can Obtain the Full-Time Form of a Polytechnic and Part-time Form of the Other

It's equally allowed for a candidate to seek admission to a university, polytechnic, or college of education - through full-time (post UTME/screening form) and, at the same time, process a part-time admission into another school at the same time.

Apart from the fact that neither institution 1 nor 2 may not be aware, in any way, that you're processing them both together, there is no law hindering you from doing so.

They're both competing for candidates. In which case, the faster may be the winner.

RecommendedIs Part-Time (Daily/Regular) Sure Admission?

Part-Time Form is the Right Backup Plan for  Full-Time Failure

Of course, you can process the ND full-time form only. You can obtain the university full-time form only. And in fact, you can obtain the daily part-time form only or any part-time whatsoever.

However, most full-time applicants use the part-time forms as the backup in case they're unlucky in the full-time admission lists of their proposed universities, polytechnics, or colleges of education.

You can as well do this and with a mind clear of doubts that one can affect the other. One form is independent of the other. Hence, you may take them together.

RecommendedIf I've Done UTME, Do I Still Need JAMB Part-Time Registration?

Both Part-time and Full-Time Admission May Click

It's of course, possible for the two admissions to be given. The same polytechnics may give you full-time and part-time offers. One school may give you full-time while the part-time offer comes to form another.

In either case, you can decide which one you want to go for. It's even possible to run the two programmes together in different schools and different courses. For example, you can be running Marketing at Adekunle Ajasin University Ondo on a full-time basis and Accounting at the Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti on a part-time basis.

What may not work is running the two on the same campus. I mean running both part-time and full-time courses under the same university. Though, it's possible!

However, with the situations of things in Nigeria, who wants to combine two courses together?

RecommendedWill Part-Time Students Do Matriculation/Convocation?

Should I Accept Part-Time Admission If Offered?

The very reason you want to obtain the two forms together is that you need a backup plan. Then, you're certain to want to accept the part-time admission if that's what you're left with, in the end.

Nothing is wrong with accepting or running a part-time programme. However, you may want to understand a few other differences before you can decide on your own.

  1. Form Fee: To obtain the part-time form, in the first place, candidates should be ready to pay times five of the amount paid for the full-time form. While nearly all schools are selling post UTME for N2,000, candidates are being compiled to pay above N10,000 for most part-time forms.
  2. Course Duration: ND Daily part-time is a two-year course. ND regular part-time is a three-year course. We don't have daily part-time for universities and colleges. Rather, they run regular part-time programmes (which are are 5/6-year and 4-year courses respectively). However, while daily part-time are run during the week till weekends, regular part-time are usually weekends.
  3. Direct Entry/HND Possibility: After your regular or daily part-time at a polytechnic, you can proceed to a university through the JAMB Direct Entry or you proceed to a Higher National Diploma (HND) level. This is not different from those who had ND on a full-time basis
  4. NYSC Possibility: With your ND on part-time and crossing to university for a full-time course or HND on a full-time basis, you're allowed to serve at NYSC. However, if you run your HND or Degree on a part-time basis, you're excused from the National Service. Though, JAMB and schools are working modalities to allow part-time graduates service after their students.
  5. Fee Difference: Tuitions for part-time candidates are usually higher than that of their full-time counterparts. The reason for this not far-fetched. The part-time programmes are usually not subsided by the government. In fact, while some schools are charging full-time students N35,000 or thereabout, their part-time counters are charged almost double or more.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #1000 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY. 

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts


  1. Can I process both full time and dpt in the same school

    1. Yes, you can. That's the summary of the post above. Read.


Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me