Can Part-Time Candidates Apply for Full-Time (JAMB) Again? -

Can Part-Time Candidates Apply for Full-Time (JAMB) Again?

While running a part-time course in a university, polytechnic or college of education, you may have a change of mind that you'd better come in through JAMB. So, you want to confirm the possibility of obtaining UTME while you're already a part-time student.

  1. Is there anything you must know if you want to consider JAMB again, as a part-time student?
  2. Won't your part-time admission or programme be affected if you obtain the JAMB form?
  3. Is there any steps you're required to take as a part-time student before you can cross to a full-time programme from a part-time course

The above and similar other questions will be answered in this post.

Let's ride on!

RecommendedWill JAMB Part-Time Registration Require Exams?

Part-Time Programme is Clearly Different From a Full-Time Programme

One area that may get you confused is thinking that there is a direct relation between your existing programme and a full-time course. No!

Even though we have both full-time and part-time courses being run by the same or different schools, the two programmes are clearly different. Hence, they never overlap in any way.

In fact, I once assured in the post, "Is it Possible to Run Two Degree/PGD Courses Together?" that a candidate can run the two programmes together on different or the same campus.

And that decision will not have any legal sanction if you care to know.

RecommendedWill Part-Time Students Do Matriculation/Convocation?

Part-Time Students Are Legally Allowed to Obtain UTME

To cross to another course or full-time programme, you, as a part-time student, can obtain the JAMB UTME form.

Of course, your intention may be to leave the part-time programme completely or to run the two programmes together. 

This conforms with my position when I answered a similar question, "Can I obtain UMTE together with a part-time form?"

The two choices are possible without limits.

RecommendedAfter ND, Should I Go For HND or Direct Entry?

Why Changing Your Programme to Full-Time?

Is it because of financial responsibility? Is it because of NYSC?

Most candidates are considering full-time over part-time due to the fear that they may not eventually serve at the end of the programme. Some got in before they realised it would cost more than for a full-time course.

RecommendedAfter UTME to DE Upgrade, Can I Change Institution/Course?

As a matter of fact, you're right about the two but there are a few things you may want to know before deciding finally.

  1. The daily part-time programme is more or less the same as the full-time programme. If you're running one already, you should have got this since you attend classes every day (even though it could be afternoon instead of morning).
  2. Daily part-time will still allow you to serve (at NYSC) in the end. If ND daily part-time, you can cross to a university through direct entry admission. You can also continue with HND full-time to allow you to serve at NYSC.
  3. If regular part-time (weekends), this may help you to work while still schooling. Even though NYSC is not promised, if your school, however, instructs you to register with JAMB, that may be a way to let you serve at the end of the programme.


As a part-time student, you're allowed and can obtain the JAMB form again to process a full-time course admission. The result of this may allow you to move to a full-time course in the same or different school (as detailed in the post). Yet, the decision to cross to full-time using UTME should be taken with the reassurance that you know what you're doing.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #500 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's Instant Reply

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

  1. Iree Poly DPT: Portal, Price, Closing Date
  2. How to Register JAMB Part-Time, JAMB DLC and JAMB Sandwich
  3. Poly Ibadan DPP - EXTENDED: Price, Portal, Fee etc.
  4. How to Cross From Polytechnic/College to University
  5. Other Admission Alternatives to JAMB Admissions


  1. Is there a changing of course for part time candidate

  2. Can I still do Full time in university if I come in through direct entry and I have ND partime evening certificate


Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me