Can I Gain Admission Without WAEC, NECO or NABTEB - SCHOOL CONTENTS

Updates and Guides on Schools, Jobs, Academic Programmes and Admissions.

Can I Gain Admission Without WAEC, NECO or NABTEB

"Is it possible to be offered admission if you don't have O'level results?", is a question that may come to mind if:

  1. You have not sat for any O'level exams e.g WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or NBAIS
  2. You are not in SS Class yet or never got the class that allows you to sit for NECO, WAEC, GCE or NABTEB
  3. You have attempted one or two of these exams but failed to make the papers

Now, you're curious to know if it can work for you seeking admission without O'level results.

This post will be concise to answer your question but you must read to the end for more.

You Can't Gain Admission Without O'level Results

Generally, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education will need you to possess at least certain subjects in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or GCE.

You may be thinking, with part-time or related courses, one should be admitted without SSCE results. 


In fact, except under certain circumstances the full-time and part-time admissions are not that different. The obvious difference is the need for JAMB UTME/DE for the full-time while part-time will save you the JAMB headache.

But for the O'level requirements, both programmes may demand at least 5 credit passes in not more than two sittings and from only relevant SSCE subjects.

Even where a course doesn't require the whole 5 subjects (maybe 4 subjects or so), candidates must surely show evidence of their SSCE with the required subjects.

Some Programmes May not Compulsory O'level Results to Start

If you have not written WAEC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB or you've not passed any before yet you want to gain admission, you may want to consider a few courses that won't compulsory having results before being admitted.

Below is the list of such programmes that you can seek admission into without O'level results:

  1. Predegree, Pre-ND, and Pre-NCEThis is usually a one-year preliminary programme into universities, polytechnics, or colleges of education respectively. Without WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or GCE, you can be admitted here. However, in order to proceed to 100 level, the school will require you to write the SSCE for that year in order to be promoted for your proposed course. If you eventually can't provide the O'level results, after your prep course, you can't go any further.
  2. JUPEB, IJMB, NABTEB Advanced, and Cambridge Advanced: These are advanced post-secondary school courses that will eventually lead to being admitted into the 200 level of your proposed course. While seeking admissions into any of these 9-month courses, you may not need to submit your SSCE result as you can run that on an "awaiting" basis. However, while pulling the direct entry admission (into 200 level), you must have the O'level results at hands or lose your chance to be admitted into 200 level.


If wishes are horses, beggars will equally ride. If the SSCE result is not compulsory for admissions, nearly every human on earth will be in school today. 

You can't entirely gain admission and complete your studies without SSCE results. However, for a few courses (as detailed in the post), you can still enter a school without the results which must make up for before you can be allowed to further your studies.

Best Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you comment, read the post and earlier comments very well. I will NOT reply questions already covered. Don't include your email or phone number in the comments.

Receive Posts by Email

Enter your email and click subscribe:

Then, check your email for a confirmation message. Click the link in the email to complete your subscription.

Delivered by FeedBurner