What to Do If Change of Institution Doesn't Reflect? See Answer - School Contents

You don't need JAMB-UTME Result! Gain Admission into 200 LEVEL via Direct Entry at DE-WISE IJMB Approved & Accredited School. Obtain your IJMB form today. #10,000 only! Call: 08060262334

What to Do If Change of Institution Doesn't Reflect? See Answer

JAMB logo
I keep getting new questions surrounding the change of institutions and courses. Some candidates had issues with the reflection of their courses, some, institutions, and so on. As a result, there is a need to post fresh content to answer some disturbing questions. Here comes another: What Can I do If My Change of Institution Doesn't Reflect?

Before I answer this question, some of my previous posts might have covered your concern or they may interest you to solve similar messes.

Take a look at these:
  1. After Changing Institutions, How To Know If It Has Reflected
  2. Change of Course Has Not Reflected, Can I Register Post UTME?
  3. Can I Do Change of Institution and Post UTME The Same Day?

In order not to take you off what you're NOT looking for, post number 1 above can help you on how to confirm if it has reflected or not. Use that guide if you're still confused about how to check it.

If you're contemplating on whether you can still register Post UTME before the change reflects, use guide number 2. Some schools will allow you to register for their post UTMEs before your changes reflect on their portals.

Guide 3 is the twin sister to the 1 above it. If you're just doing the change of institution today or in few days and want to register for post UTME the same day or a few days later, you will find that guide handy.

What To Do If Change of Institutions/Courses Doesn't Reflect

There is a thing to know upfront before my recommendations.

Must your new school collect your registration details from JAMB before you register for her post UTME?

Some schools wait to collect your details from JAMB before they can allow you to register for their Post UTMEs. For some, no need to wait for JAMB updates before you can register. If you fall to the former, you must wait. If the latter, you can continue with your registration without expecting any reflection on the school portal first. That's what I detailed in Guide 2 above.

My Recommendations If Change of Institutions/Courses Doesn't Reflect On Time

1. Wait Until a Few Days to The Post UTME Closing Date

Candidates asked this question when they're eager to do their new schools' post-UTMEs but find out it has not reflected on their portals. So, what do you do? You wait. Then, how long? Wait till a day or two before the closing day of your proposed school post UTME.

Some schools will not update their admission portal database until 24 hours or less to the closing date of their post UTME registrations. Candidates may be unnecessarily bothered. Yet, you must wait. It will eventually reflect unless the school aims to extend its post UTME registration deadlines.

2. Check If You Meet the JAMB Cut Off Marks Announced

Some schools have announced 180 and above for their post UTMEs. Unfortunately, a few students rush to effect change on the JAMB portal without meeting up with this requirement. They just changed to the schools, perhaps, with the old knowledge of their previous cut-off marks or something related.

I had recently tried registering for a candidate for FUTA Post UTME. We waited for days to see his change of institution to reflect. But nothing until the post UTME was over. I had blamed the school for the omission before I noticed that the poor guy scored less than the cut-off mark announced by the university.

Meanwhile, the university would only ask JAMB to send details of applicants who met their cut-off marks of 180 and above. Nothing less!

3. Check If You Chose The School Rightly - the First Choice?

Similar to number 2 above, some schools are not accepting 2nd choice candidates. A few students who had the knowledge that the school was used to accept 2nd choice might just change to them as the second institution not knowing that the policy has been changed to the first choice only. 

Be sure you're not making the same mistake.

If you're choosing a school accepting first-choice candidates only as your own second-choice institution, your JAMB change will not reflect. If that school is in the second position, check the school post-UTME advert to see if they are opened to you. If not, that could be the reason why things are not reflecting. 

4. Check If the Post UTME is Not Closed

Sometimes you may be campaigning after the election.

Consider going back to the website page where the school announced the sales of the post UTME and the closing date for the form. See if the day has not passed. If it has, you shouldn't expect the school to accept any further changes from JAMB.

Similarly, confirm if there is an announcement of the extension of the sales of the form. You may be reassured of further patience if the school extends things.

5. Be Sure You Confirm If The School Shows on JAMB CAPS

Just recently, we have witnessed a series of issues with the JAMB change of institutions/courses. One of such is candidates changing and with confirmation slips given to them. But they get to know that the old institutions remain on the CAPS.

Under normal circumstances, once the changes are submitted and the confirmation slip printed, the new change first choice institution should be on your admission status on the JAMB CAPS. However, candidates check their CAPS to find out that the old first-choice institution is still there. 

To solve this issue, you should write to JAMB support channels and make sure you attach the evidence of your changes (i.e confirmation slip). 

Experience has shown that they will resolve these issues within two working days.


  1. Sir good evening,I scored 207 in jamb and I changed from futo to unilag last Thursday meanwhile the post utme for unilag is closing this week friday. I tried logging to purchase the form but isn't reflecting.

    1. It will reflect before the closing date. Check back.

    2. It will reflect before the closing date. Check back.

  2. Good day sir, the course I studied is different from the one I have on my admission letter. My name is on Jamb matriculation list but with different course. I have done regularization and also change of course but my studied course has not reflect. NYSC mobilization is in few month what can I do? My school is not helping matter.

    1. After the NYSC registration, a link will be on your NYSC dashboard to apply for correction of course. Use that.

  3. Sir after like 3month that I change my institution I can't find it on my jamb cap and also my o'level even my details are all blank except my jamb registration number pls what can I do sir

    1. It may take more till, until the school you chose starts admission, before it will reflect. If you're doubt, visit the nearest JAMB office to inquire further.

  4. Sir I did my change of course
    But when I went for post utme registration, the course I change to is not reflecting, am really confused

    1. The best is to wait for the course to reflect first before registering. However, if it's a school such as FUOYE. You will also need to change the course on the school portal too paying on the school portal for it.

  5. Is there any solution to change of institution that's not reflecting

    1. Read those suggestions in the post above. Read more through the link below


  6. Sir I did my change of institution to fuoye but it didn’t reflect on portal and I want to register for the post utme screening I was also told that I can’t do anything if it doesn’t reflect.. What do I do sir

    1. Wait it will reflect before the closing date. If not, the school will extend the sale of the form so you will have enough time register. Trust me!

  7. Good day sir…I registered for jamb and Fuoye was my first choice..their screening form is out,if I put in my jamb registration number,it’s showing invalid.
    When I called the school,I was told jamb didn’t send my profile to them and the screening registration is ending in 2 days,I’m worried sir because all my informations are correct,I chose Fuoye as first choice and I didn’t change it,I don’t know why it’s not showing on Fuoye portal..what am I going to do before the registration end sir?

    1. Though the university will extend the registration, you may need to change to another university of they don't eventually have you information after the extension.

  8. Hello sir, I did a change of institution to kwasu but it's yet to reflect on my portal, ND the closing date for the School form is near,what can I do?

  9. I did change of institution and course to Fuoye and its not reflecting on the school portal, the screening will close tomorrow
    Is there anything that could be done

  10. I did change of institution almost 2 weeks nwbut it has not reflected on fuoye portal pls wat can I do

  11. I did change of institution on 25th of September and my name isn't reflecting on fuoye school portal, and the online screening will be closing on Monday. What can I do sir???


Before you comment, read the post and earlier comments very well. I will NOT reply questions already covered. Don't include your email or phone number in the comments.

👌👌Join DonSoc's Foundation Online Tutorials to Pass Nursing/Health Tech Exams and Become a Registered Nurse, Medical Student, etc.👌👌
👉🏻👉🏻👉🏻Join NOW! A Sample Tutorial