Will UNILAG Transfer Me to Another Course? - SCHOOLCONTENTS.info

Will UNILAG Transfer Me to Another Course?

So, you're curious about UNILAG and what happens if you don't quite hit the aggregate point for your dream course, right? I quick mention was made in my post, "How to Gain Admission Into University of Lagos (UNILAG)" But here, let's explore to the fullest.

First things first, UNILAG (University of Lagos) is a pretty awesome university with some pretty high standards. When you apply for a specific department or course, they usually set a certain aggregate point as the minimum requirement. It's like a final cut-off point when deciding the names to be released, and they use it to select the best-fit students for each course.

Now, let's say you had your heart set on a particular department, but your scores fell just a bit short of that magical aggregate point. Don't fret! UNILAG has a solution for that situation. They might actually transfer you to another course that aligns more closely with your scores and abilities.

RecommendedAge Limit for UNILAG Admission: Making the Most of It

UNILAG Doesn't Just Give You Another Course

Gone were the days when schools would just send you to any department that was less competitive or had some vacancies. The University of Lagos doesn't just post you to another course until they're sure you're interested in the course and will love to take it instead.

It was well known back then that after schools sent some students to other departments, most students would neither accept nor report to the departments.

Today, you have to be very interested if you're expecting a new course other than the one you put in for.

First, as for the UNILAG, you must have got the JAMB score required for any course they deem fit for you. Also, you must have partaken in the post-UTME registration and exam. Apart from that, you must have got the right aggregate score for any possible course to be transferred to.

RecommendedHow Can I Check Your UNILAG Admission List?

UNILAG Will First Transfer You On The JAMB Portal

If the University will give you admission into another department, the first thing they'll do is transfer you to the JAMB portal. You may receive an SMS  or email to this effect. You may NOT be sent any updates as well. That's why you should check your JAMB transfer approval section from time to time.

If they transfer you, you're to visit your JAMB portal, accept that there and proceed to any CBT center to effect the change of institution to the newly transferred course.

RecommendedHow Does UNILAG Give Admissions To Its Aspirants?

This gives every indication that you're really interested in the new course and you're ready to be given that course instead of the former one.

It's after this, the school will finally give you the new course. You're to revisit the JAMB CAPS and be checking the main admission status link this time. Once finalized, you should accept the offer, and print your JAMB admission letter.

RecommendedCan I Gain Admission Into UNILAG With 180?


UNILAG does give students admissions into different courses or departments other than the ones they put in for especially if they don't meet the aggregate point required for their intended courses.

However, it's not direct giving like you may be thinking, you still have to actively be involved in the transfer process and you're to accept that on the JAMB portal and change to it before they can give you the course eventually.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #500 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me