Is D7, E8, P7, or P8 a Credit Pass and a Good Grade? - School Contents

Updates and Guides on Schools, Jobs, Academic Programmes and Admissions.

You don't need JAMB-UTME Result! Gain Admission into 200 LEVEL via Direct Entry at DE-WISE IJMB Approved & Accredited School. Obtain your IJMB form today. #10,000 only! Call: 08030441046

Are you interested in education, job, and scholarship matters? A score of quality videos is waiting for you on this channel. Join Now!

Is D7, E8, P7, or P8 a Credit Pass and a Good Grade?

As soon as WAEC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB results come out, there will be a series of questions. Among the popular are:

  1. Is D7 or P7 a credit pass?
  2. Is E8 or P8 a credit pass?
  3. Is D7/P7 or E8/P8 a good grade?
  4. Can I gain admission with D7/P7 or E8/P8?

With the question above, students asking are likely already aware that F9 is woeful but they aren't sure of the fate of D7 or E8 in the results.

Hence, there is a need to answer these questions once and for all.

Confusion About O'level Pass in the JAMB Brochure

More often, when you're going through the official JAMB brochure or a school brochure stating the subject requirements for a particular course, you're likely to come across references such as "O'level pass in", "ordinary pass in", "credit pass" etc.

What does this mean?

Do they mean D7 or E8 or both? 

Where the JAMB brochure states pass (without adding CREDIT) in a particular subject is acceptable, it simply refers to D7 or E8.

This is because both D7 and E8 are GENERALLY REFERRED to as pass. They're not just credit passes such as C6, C5, or C4. This is why some content will refer to both grades i.e D7 and E8 as ordinary passes.

If the JAMB brochure will mean credit or distinction, it will say "credit pass", not O'level pass or ordinary pass, the latter that will be referring to D7 or E8.

Recommended: What is "Pen" in NABTEB Results?

D7 and E8 are not Totally Bad Grades

We're all aware that the best and better grades are A1, B2, B3, C4, C5, and C6. In fact, for some courses and those schools that do not use O'level points to offer admission, all you need in your SSCE are the 5 required subjects for the proposed course to be at least C6.

However, if you can give A1 in all the relevant subjects, you've done better especially for schools not using post UTME tests in admitting aspirants.

In the right interpretation, we can't call D7 and E8 bad grades because to some extent some schools and courses may still consider these deficiencies.

In fact, for references, below are links to posts detailing schools and courses accepting O'level passes (i.e D7 or E8) in the most daunting SSCE subjects.

  1. Universities That Accept Maths D7, E8, or F9 for Law and Others
  2. Study Mass Communication With D7, E8, F9 Literature
  3. Universities that Accept Physics D7, E8, or F9 For 37 Courses
  4. Universities and Courses that Accept Chemistry D7, E8 or F9
  5. Universities and Courses that Accept Biology D7, E8 or F9

Checking through those posts will prove to you that, even though D7 and E8 are grades to be worried about if you have any. Yet, if you can study your brochure beyond usual and you're not too selective about courses, you can still make your way into a university, a polytechnic, or a college of education with these deficiencies.

You Can Gain Admission With D7 or E8 in a Required Subject

Speaking of gaining admissions with ordinary passes, experiences have shown that you could gain admission with a pass where you think at least a credit pass is a must. This is already covered in the section above.

However, there is a need to pay attention to a few things here.

  1. The D7 or E8 is usually acceptable for one core subject, not two core subjects. For instance, for courses accepting D7 or E8 in English, you won't be offered, if you have another deficient grade in any of the other four core subjects.
  2. Where a school accepts D7 or E8 in a subject, if such schools find enough candidates who have credit passes or better grades in the same subject, candidates with better grades may be considered ahead or instead of you.
  3. D7 or E8 may be accepted for your undergraduate admission (i.e for university's 100 level, polytechnic ND 1, or college of education NCE year 1 offer), going for postgraduate may, however, require you to have at least a credit pass in the affected subject.

Best Related Posts

  1. Can I Upgrade WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or GCE Results?
  2. Want to Remark/Recall WAEC Scripts? What You Must Know?
  3. Schools That Admit if You Don’t Meet Cut-Off Marks (Automatic Admissions)
  4. Universities/Polytechnics to Consider With Lower Marks
  5. Should I Go For an Education Course Instead of Other Courses?
  6. Institutions Accepting Two Results For Admissions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you comment, read the post and earlier comments very well. I will NOT reply questions already covered. Don't include your email or phone number in the comments.