Can I Use Old Results for Direct Entry (DE) Application? - SCHOOL CONTENTS

Updates and Guides on Schools, Jobs, Academic Programmes and Admissions.

Can I Use Old Results for Direct Entry (DE) Application?

JAMB logo
A few candidates had been asking if they could use their old results to obtain the Direct Entry form. Candidates with two, three, four, or a few years old WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, and GCE or NCE, ND, JUPEB, IJMB, HND, and  BSC results are asking if it is possible to use their results for JAMB Direct entry admission in the current admission year.

You may find yourself in this situation too. You're considering seeking admission but the result with you - be it O'level or A'level is out of time (or to you, might have expired) for the programme you want to chase.

This post will be comprehensive enough to help you understand the basics of your results that are old for DE admission - you will learn if this is possible or otherwise.

Old O'level Results Never Expires, Can Be Used for DE Application

Let's start with SSCE results. Your WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or NBAIS result never expires. Hence, it can be used for any admissions - be it 100 level admission (UTME) or 200 level admission (DE). I'd covered this in my post, "Does WAEC, NECO, NABTEB Result Ever Expire? For Admissions and Jobs!, where I established it officially that examination bodies had clarified that SSCE results never expire.

As a result, the result can be used for any purpose, including admission at any level (including DE application). 

RecommendedUniversities Accepting NCE for DE Microbiology

Old NCE, ND, HND, and BSC Results Never Expires, Can Be Used for DE Application

It's important to note that, just like the SSCE results, graduates of NCE, ND, HND, and BSC certainly can use their results for Direct Entry admissions because this set of results never expire too.

It doesn't matter how aged the result is. It's still tenable and acceptable as long as the holders are still alive for any purpose - even beyond admissions.

Hence, if your degree or any of the above listed A'level results is 10 years or older, you can still use it to obtain the JAMB DE form and process your admission therewith.

RecommendedWill Part-Time Students Do Matriculation/Convocation?

Old IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB Advance, Cambridge Advanced, and GCE A'level Cab Be Used For DE Application

The listed results are acceptable for DE applications just like ND, NCE, HND, and BSC. However, some of these results may expire. Hence, to use such for Direct entry applications may not be favorable.

Although there are confusing stands that IJMB expires in 7 years and JUPEB 10 years; data from the official sources state categorically that the two results never expire. However, the certainty of JUPEB, not expiring, is more established than that of IJMB.

Cambridge A'level result doesn't expire as well. This is the same for both NABTEB A'level and GCE

Generally, for all A'level programmes, results can be used for DE admission as long as you want. However, a few universities, (who may not make it public) may be choosy as to the age of the results they prefer to consider.


As a prospective DE applicant, be result assured that you can use your older O'level and A'level results for admission as long as you're still alive. The same is the fate of applicants using NCE, ND, HND, and BSC for Direct entry admission. However, in a few cases (usually very uncommon), some universities may be choosy as to the age of the results they want to consider in their next admission (especially A'level).

Best Related Posts

  1. Can I Use New O'level Results for HND or Direct Entry?
  2. Universities Accepting Awaiting Results for Direct Entry (DE)
  3. Will Direct Entry (DE) Students Reprint Slips and Write JAMB?
  4. Will Direct Entry (DE) Applicants Write UTME or Post DE?
  5. Can a Part-Time Student Do Direct Entry?


Before you comment, read the post and earlier comments very well. I will NOT reply questions already covered. Don't include your email or phone number in the comments.

Receive Posts by Email

Enter your email and click subscribe:

Then, check your email for a confirmation message. Click the link in the email to complete your subscription.

Delivered by FeedBurner