Can I Do JAMB Change of Institution Before Exams/Result? - School Contents

Buy Result checkers here. WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB are available.

Place your text or image advert here for (#6,228)/week, (#20,761)/month, (#199,305.60)/year. Contact to start selling now!

Can I Do JAMB Change of Institution Before Exams/Result?

JAMB logo
Every admission seeker should, by now, understand that when you make mistakes in the choices of courses or institutions in UTME/DE, what you have to do is effect the changes on the JAMB portal.

However, the norm is that candidates usually wait until JAMB releases the results of UTME or after the exams before they start making changes to institutions and courses.

Is it possible to change before sitting for or writing your exams? Must candidates wait till the results are resealed before they can change?

These questions and a few related others will be answered in this post.

Candidates Are Allowed To Change Institutions/Courses Before the Exams/Results

Officially, you’re allowed to change things/data on the JAMB portal days after you complete your registration. You don’t have to wait till you write JAMB or see your result.

This question was officially addressed when a candidate asked.
I mistakenly filled in a school that doesn’t match my result can I change the school because I’ve registered since 3 weeks ago?

The answer was straight to the point. 

How to Change Institution/Courses Yourself or at Café

A question that may come to your mind is where and how can you change your choice?
  1. You can do that yourself. This post is a complete guide to changing things all on your phone or computer.
  2. You can also use the service of a professional café or CBT centres. They’re both allowed to do the change of institutions and courses. Cafes are just not allowed to handle UTME/DE registrations.

You May Need to Wait Until Your Result is Out

Listen, you may be eager to change your choices if you find out you’d done things wrongly. However, experiences had shown that it’s advisable for candidates to wait, write the exams and see their results first.


  1. One, you can do the change of institution even after the results and that will not affect your admission as no school will be aware that you’d just changed to them.
  2. Two, you will still need to do another change of institution and course of your score is not up to what you will need for the school you’d just changed to. Spending about N3000 each time of the changes should be considered a waste of money. Hence, be patient until you know the institution and course your mark will be right for, before you change finally.


Changing of institutions and courses can be done immediately after your JAMB registration or as soon as you notice the mistake. You don’t need to wait till you write the exams or results released.

However, you may just wait in order to save yourself another mistake. The score in the exams may help you to change rightly and avoid wasting money on changes.

Best Related Posts 

  1. Can Direct Entry Applicants Do Change of Institutions and Courses?
  2. How to Do Change Institutions/Courses the Third or More Times
  3. Universities/Polytechnics You Can Change To With Lower Marks
  4. How to Gain Admission into Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA)
  5. How to Study JAMB Past Questions Packs/Series To Score 270+ in UTME
  6. Is It Possible to Change Course at 200 Level in University?


  1. I mistakenly chose a wrong course during my utme registration which I did 3days ago
    Please can change it before the exam commenced?

    1. Yes. However, why don't you wait till your result is out? You can do that then. And don't have to be rushing at anything as already detailed in the post above.

  2. I want to change my course because I filled in a wrong course but I can't wait till after jamb because the course combinations is different

  3. I want to change my course/institution
    Can I wait till am done writing my jamb
    Or can I do it now

    Next week to our exam

  4. I made a mistake on my Jamb dob,i have not done the exam or gotten admitted. How can I Solve this problem because they procedures stats that i will submit to an institution but I have not done the exam.

    1. If the mistake was in the 2022 JAMB, you will go to the nearest JAMB office, after the releases of your UTME result , to make the correction.

  5. I want to change institution but I have already written the exam but the result ain't out yet... Is it possible

    1. Yes, it's possible. However, the CBT that will attend to change of institutions are now conducting exams. They may not be able to attend to you.


Before you comment, read the post and earlier comments very well. I will NOT reply questions already covered. Don't include your email or phone number in the comments.