How to Correct Names, Date of Birth, Course on NYSC - School Contents

Updates and Guides on Schools, Jobs, Academic Programmes and Admissions.

How to Correct Names, Date of Birth, Course on NYSC

NYSC Change of Date of Birth and Wrong Course of Study: See Procedures (How to Apply)
NYSC Official logo


When you have issues with your date of birth while going for NYSC, it may have a series of effects that may not be pleasing eventually.

One such effect is, it may lead to over-age (more than 30 years) which disallows NYSC to mobilize you for the one-year national service scheme.

Graduates should, also, be curious to get all their information to align with one another because of what may crop up in the future such as screening, appointments, etc.

Recommended: How to Reduce Age for NYSC: Error in Date of Birth or Over-aged?

This is just the right guide to correct your date of birth if you've been mobilized but you noticed a mistake in the date of birth. Included here is also the process to follow to correct the wrong course of study sent to NYSC by your school.

RecommendedDifferences Between NYSC Revalidation and Remobilization

Official NYSC Correction of Date of Birth Guide

The new procedure for the PCM is to Submit a request for correction of the date of birth following the following steps
  1. Login to your dashboard and click on the link to Date of Birth
  2. Enter WAEC Verification PIN, select WAEC Type, Year of exam and enter your Examination Number; and
  3. Click on Verify button
  4. Click SUBMIT

Recommended PostDoes NYSC Certificate Show Date of Birth?

  1. What NYSC will eventually do after the submission is to verify the date of birth used during your WAEC registration and use that date of birth instead.
  2. WAEC verification card contains a PIN produced by WAEC to verify a WAEC May/June or WAEC GCE candidate's submitted details while registering with the exams body.
  3. This card is different from WAEC online result checker.
  4. You can buy this PIN at various WAEC offices or designated banks across the nation. You can also call or text me to buy (08065152292). Check the price of the WAEC Verification card and buy it right away here.
  5. Using this method for the correction of date of birth may only work for WAEC candidates only.

Official Correction of Course of Study Guide

The procedure to change the Course of Study is
  1. Login to your dashboard
  2. Click on the link for Correction of Course of Study;
  3. Select Course of Study; and
  4. Click SUBMIT

The change to the course of study may not reflect immediately as the body may need to contact your institution for confirmation.

NYSC Stops Correction of Date of Birth After the Completion of the Service

There shall be no correction of Date of Birth on Certificate of National Service (CNS) after completion of National Service. Accordingly, you are strongly advised to utilize the link provided on your dashboard for Date of Birth correction during your online registration

Also, note that NYSC will not entertain any request for Date of Birth correction once you have been deployed and commenced your service year.

Official NYSC Correction/Change of Names Guide

To correct or change your names on the NYSC portal, follow the steps below.
  1. Visit and log in to your NYSC dashboard
  2. On the dashboard, locate "If the name shown above is incorrect", and click on "Apply for Change of Name" next to that. 
  3. There are four options to choose from to correct the mistake. They are:
  • Do you want Name Addition?
  • Do you want Name Removal?
  • Do you want to correct the spelling errors?
  • Do you want Name Rearrangement?

  1. You are required to supply the correct name. This will go through the due approval process. NYSC will contact your school to be sure the error emerged from them or you're just trying to manipulate things yourself.
  2. After the correction and submission, you have to wait for a few days or weeks for the official approval. Once approved, you will see the changes in the names on your dashboard.
  3. Corps members who applied, for the change of names, before the printing of the call-up letters may see that reflected on the letter, so they can reprint the green card too. Those who apply during the service year should expect that to reflect on the dashboard and on their final dischareged certiticates.

Best Related Posts

  1. What to do Before/During NYSC: 3 Ways to Prepare for Life After Graduation
  2. After NYSC What Next? MSC/Job Search or Business (Self-Employment)
  3. NYSC Time-Table for Batch A, B, C (Official and Updated)
  4. Can a Corper Be Posted to a State Not Selected During NYSC Registration? See Answer
  5. How to Print NYSC Posting/Call Up Letters Online. Step by Step Guide


  1. Sir,in my jamb caps and uniben kofa,l.g.a is showing Esan-West but my L.G.A certificate and l.G.A affidavit is for Igueben.Will this affect my uniben clearance???

    1. It will. You JAMB details must conform with your other credentials.

    2. How do I rectify this issue?

    3. Get the correct documents or go to JAMB office and change your data.

  2. For the waec clearance of dob of nysc, can I use neco?

    I don't know if the process has changed.

  3. Please I'm mobilize for nysc now want reduce my age, if my JAMB number was changed directly, can it be reflected on my nysc portal before next batch (B) for registration?

    Because had it been I register for A Stream 2 I will be excepted because of the age.

    Thank you

    1. How don't know about how to change JAMB number. So, I can't answer your question.

  4. Good evening sir.
    Actually I did jamb regularization and was approved successfully. The problem is, in the process I gave jamb three names instead of two names of which all my documents are carrying two names. I twas approved and when ahead with the printout. I have submitted it to my school. Hope it won't affect me on Nysc?
    Awaiting your anticipated response sir.

    1. No it won't affect NYSC. NYSC only uses the names sent by schools. The only thing they will take from JAMB is the date of birth


Before you comment, read the post and earlier comments very well. I will NOT reply questions already covered. Don't include your email or phone number in the comments.