IJMB/JUPEB in Universities Vs Study Centres: The Better - SCHOOLCONTENTS.info

IJMB/JUPEB in Universities Vs Study Centres: The Better

IJMB and JUPEB form at a university vs study centre
We need to talk about obtaining IJMB/JUPEB and similar A’level programmes forms of universities of choice and compare that with obtaining the same from study centres.

Sound familiar?

Candidates are contemplating on whether to obtain their A'level forms e.g IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB A'level, GCE A'level, Cambridge A'level at a university they're prosing for Direct entry admission or they can just run the programme at any available study centres.

Of course, there are the bad and good for either choice. If you go for the course in a university, you may have a few things to lose and gain. So also if you use a study centre.

Let's break things down.

What is A’level Programme?

For those who are new to IJMB and other A’level programmes. Here you have it…

A’level is a Pre-University programmes based on a country's education system. A’level takes usually 12 months of duration to complete depending on which university and intake. Students who study A’level will be able to gain in-depth knowledge of their chosen subject.

In Nigeria, several universities accept candidates from all A’level programmes such as IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB Advanced, Cambridge Advanced, etc.

Such students are admitted through JAMB Direct Entry admission instead of the UTME for SSCE students.

Hence, frustrated candidates who could not pass UTME are taking to these A’level courses as the final resort – after all, they don’t need to write UTME or pass it again. Candidates who prefer starting their courses at the 200 level will also be better off with this set of advanced courses.

The question at hand now is “where better to do this IJMB, JUPEB, etc?” Is it better done in the university or any of the A’level study centre?

Below is the answer to your question.

IJMB, JUPEB, and Other Advanced Courses at Universities and Study Centres

The universities accepting IJMB and JUPEB students are usually the ones running the programme within their campuses or dedicated study centres owned by the institutions.

However, some independent bodies, organizations, or individuals equally run those programmes in their own study centres across the nation.

After completing the courses, universities can accept their candidates or produce them to any other universities if those candidates choose to seek admissions elsewhere.

Independent study centres only have the option to produce candidates for universities. They can’t accept them themselves since they’re not universities.

The Real Picture of Study Centres Running IJMB and Other A’levels

These centres sell their forms online or through a few liaison offices.

If admitted, you would be lectured, groomed to be ready to write A’level exams.

IJMB exams are set and marked by Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) which is the sole administrator of the A'level programme.

JUPEB exams are set and marked by the University of Lagos (UNILAG) which is in charge of the programme.

And so on…

If you must know, universities and study centres are not in charge of setting or marking the exams. They only prepare you for the joint exams that will be conducted nationwide by the bodies in charge.

If you pass, the centre delivers your results to you. Then, you’re on your own.

You’ll have to obtain the JAMB direct entry form, choose your universities of interest and process your admission into the 200 level of your desired course.

If you fail, that’s the end.

The True Picture of Universities Running A’level Programmes

The situation is not far different from study centres.

However, studying advanced courses at universities has one main advantage over the study centres.

They trained you. Then, you’re their burden.

You stand a better chance of gaining admission into a university's 200 level course if you’re their A’level candidate than if you’re coming from a study centre.

This is just mere common sense.

A university will want to make better provisions for its candidates before considering outsiders.

In fact, a university will eventually find a course to drop you to if you don’t meet up the requirements of your proposed course.


If I must give you my stand on this, I prefer you to obtain the form of a university running IJMB, JUPEB, or other A’level programmes to a study centre around.

While some study centers will convince you that they have connections with those universities you'll choose for DE, the truth still remains that outsiders stand a lesser chance.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #500 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY.

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

  1. UNIABUJA IJMB Form: Price, Portal, Closing Date
  2. 6 Options to Consider If You Missed or Failed JAMB: No 1 to 5 Seriously Will Help
  3. FUOYE JUPEB Form is Out: Procedures and Other Application Details 
  4. UNIZIK JUPEB Form is Out: Requirements and Other Application Details
  5. ABU IJMB Form is Out: Procedures/Requirements and Other Application Details 
  6. FUTA UABS/IJMB/JUPEB Admission Form is Out: Price and Other Application Details
  7. If I Missed JAMB, Can My School Admit Me?
  8. DE Applicants: How to If JAMB Has Verified Your Result

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me