Can I Change State/LGA After Admission? -

Can I Change State/LGA After Admission?

This post has been updated completely if you read New Method to Change JAMB Names, DOB, LGA, etc.

In the ever-evolving landscape of education systems, it's not uncommon to find changes that catch us off guard. One such change that has sparked frustration among students revolves around the alteration of state or local government data in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) system. 

Remember the days when you could stroll into a JAMB office or a Computer-Based Testing (CBT) center to tweak your state or local government details?

Those days seem like a distant memory now, as JAMB has clamped down on this seemingly simple correction exercise.

The Perplexing Conundrum

With this shift, a wave of confusion has engulfed students. 

The question arises: if JAMB refuses to bend, can these adjustments be made after securing admission? 

It's a pertinent query that has led to countless debates and worries among students caught in this bureaucratic quagmire.

RecommendedCan I Correct/Change Names After JAMB Registration?

The Glimmer of Hope: Bio-Data Registration

For some, a glimmer of hope persists. There's a possibility that during your school's bio-data registration, you might have a shot at rectifying these crucial details. 

If the online registration form of your institution is editable and hasn't yet collected the same data from JAMB, you might just find yourself lucky.

However, it's important to note that not all schools allow such alterations, as some prefer to stick with the data provided by JAMB.

RecommendedCan I Change My Course During Admission?

A Bigger Hurdle: JAMB's Unyielding Data

Even if the stars align and you successfully manage to amend your state or local government information during your school's registration, there's a catch – it won't alter the records in JAMB's database. 

This means that regardless of your school's leniency, your JAMB data will remain untouched. This might not sound like a big deal now, but it could come back to haunt you in the future.

The Future Implications

Why does this JAMB data even matter? 

Well, fast forward to your National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) days – they'll be interested in the state and local government data you provided to JAMB, not your school. 

This data plays a pivotal role in your mobilization process.

Moreover, if you're eyeing amendments to your catchment area for admission or tuition preference, it's the JAMB data that will carry the most weight.

The Decision Dilemma

So, what's a student to do in this perplexing situation? The answer is twofold.

Firstly, you could give it a shot and attempt to rectify your state or local government information while there's still a glimmer of hope. But remember, even if you manage to achieve this, it's a rare feat.

The journey might not be worth the outcome if your post-admission changes are destined to fall into insignificance.

The Final Verdict: Acceptance

In the end, sometimes it's best to accept the cards you've been dealt. If your efforts to change your state or local government information yield no results, it's time to make peace with your fate. 

The labyrinthine process, coupled with the uncertainty of future impacts, might just render it a futile exercise.


The saga of changing your state or local government information after admission is riddled with complexities and uncertainties. 

While there might be a slim chance to tweak this data during your school's bio-data registration, it's crucial to understand that JAMB's records remain unaltered. 

In the grand scheme of things, this might not be the battle worth fighting, as the potential benefits pale in comparison to the uphill struggle. 

So, as you tread through the maze of educational bureaucracy, remember that sometimes acceptance trumps resistance.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #500 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

  1. Two Names on NIN/Results! Is this a Problem for Admission
  2. JAMB/SSCE/JOBS Date of Birth Different? What To Do
  3. Do I Need NIN for Change of Institutions/Courses, Data?
  4. JAMB/SSCE/JOBS Date of Birth Different? What To Do
  5. Do I Need NIN for Change of Institutions/Courses, Data?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me