Is Local Government Identification Same as Certificate of Origin? - School Contents

πŸ‘ŒChat me on WhatsApp ONLY PLEASE (08065152292), if you need guide on any education or admission issues. Get one-on-one advice. Get solutions to your issuesπŸ‘Œ
Service costs N500!

πŸ‘ŒUniversities Admissions without UTME: Gain direct entry admission into 200Level through IJMB program at a fully Approved and accredited center. Call πŸ‘‰08065101775πŸ‘Œ

Low JAMB Score? Don’t worry! 
Ahmadu Bello University DLC has Bachelor’s Degree Programs that you can gain admission into. Call +2349064058469 

Is Local Government Identification Same as Certificate of Origin?

When admission starts or graduates seek jobs, one of the questions I get is if a local government identification is any different from the certificate of the state of origin.

If you've read a similar post I once wrote to guide people on how to get these documents, you might not be confused about this by now. But to do justice to this question here, in this post, I will consciously differentiate (if any) between local government identification and state of origin certificate.

A similar question is whether any of the two is the same as a domicile letter or certificate. This usually poses some dilemmas too. They will be addressed together before you finish the rest of the post.

Local Government Identification and State of Origin Certificate Are Practically The Same Things

Generally, where you're required to submit, bring for interview or screening, scan or upload your local government identification, means is the state of origin certificate. Some publications or forms (e.g. KWARA POLY) will refer to it as "citizenship"

Let's get a clear picture.

Local government identification is meant to ascertain and attest that you hail from (born in) a town belonging to the local government area. This is usually issued by the local government of birth. Such identification will include your name, home address (usually compound), town, and the local government name.

It will officially be signed by the local government chairman, the local government secretary, or any other office officially assigned to do that.

To get this, you're to visit the local government secretariat, its liaison office (if any usually outside the town), or any officer assigned to issue it. 

A state of origin certificate is usually issued by the state government of origin which will include information including your name, compound address, the town you hail frown, and the local government name.

The state-issued one may be issued through each local government of the state, state headquarter,s or any other offices assigned to issue it.

Here is the main point of this post. If a state government is issuing this identification, it may restrict the local government from doing the same. And it may leave the issuance solely to the local government allowing people to collect them at their local government secretariats. 

Hence, whether it's issued by your local government or it's by the state government, it's still the same document even if the name/title of that paper is different. They're serving the same purpose, of course.

In short, if you have that of your local government, you don't have to collect another from the state (in case of any states issuing such). In other words, the one issued by your local government does exactly the same thing as the one that may be issued by the state government. 

As such whether you have a state-issued or local-government-issued identification certificate, it's acceptable for all official purposes, admissions, scholarships, interviews, screenings, traveling, etc.

Domicile Letter or Certiticate

Having established that certificate of origin whether issued by the state or the local government is the same, what of domicile letter or domicile certificate?

While a certificate of origin is attesting and confirming that you're an indigene of a local government area in a state, the domicile letter or certificate is only attesting that you're living at a particular address of a town/local government area.

In short, a domicile letter or certificate will be issued to anybody whether he or she is from that town or state or not. As long as you're living within that state and its local government area, you can get the domicile letter. It won't matter whether you're born elsewhere or you hail from a far state or town.

Just as the local government identification or certificate of origin, the domicile letter or certificate is issued by the local government secretariat or state government secretariat or at any court where this is called an "affidavit of domicile".

This may be required for registration such as NYSC mobilization for married women where their husband's domicile letter may be included for special posting.

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #500 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY

HELP SOMEONE:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

  1. Documents Candidates Need For Freshers' Screening/Registration
  2. How to Get Primary School Certificates and/or Testimonials
  3. Understand Universities' Catchment Areas, ELDS, and Merit Lists
  4. Police Recruitment: Required Documents/Items for the Application
  5. What to Take Along for Post UTME/Screening

No comments:

Post a Comment