Can I Apply for Direct Entry While at Service (NYSC)? -
Print Your JAMB Exam Slip
Let us help print and send your JAMB EXAM SLIP to you immediately for N500. Know your center, date, and time. Get it sent to you in just 5 minutes. Chat us on 08065152292 (WhatsApp only please!)

Can I Apply for Direct Entry While at Service (NYSC)?

After publishing my post, "Which one is Better Top-Up Degree and Direct Entry?", a few readers had asked if they could obtain Direct Entry forms while serving at NYSC. Is it allowed to seek admission to another university, through DE, while at NYSC - serving?

Let's break this down a bit.

You're already at service as an HND or BSC holder and you want to consider obtaining another JAMB Direct Entry (DE) aiming to pursue a second degree or want to have another degree with your HND. You now want to know if this is possible? Is it legal to be at NYSC and still be pulling admission through Direct entry? Won't you be deprived the admission if it's known you'd been to a university/polytechnic; even graduated and right now serving?

This post will answer your questions and address related concerns.

RecommendedTop-Up Degree or Direct Entry, Which is Better?

You Can Be Serving and Still Process Direct Entry Admission

As a serving corps member, you can still process admission into any university through the JAMB Direct Entry Form. DE admission, if offered, will admit you into the 200 or 300 level of your proposed course. See Universities That Accept HND/BSc into 300 Level Direct Entry (DE)

There is no place, statutorily, where NYSC forbids serving corpers from processing admission into universities while under the corps. And since you have a year to complete your service, the year could just be used to process the DE admission without one overlapping the other.

However, even if you're offered admission during the service year, you should find a means to maneuver things so you don't allow one to affect the other. You can even defer the admission till the end of your service year.

RecommendedCan I Serve at NYSC Two or More Times?

JAMB Won't Stop Your Admission If Offered During NYSC

If you're contemplating because you think JAMB may deprive you of admission if it's ever known you'd once been offered admission by the same or another university or polytechnic, don't be discouraged.

As a matter of fact, it's possible to deprive you of admission only if JAMB is aware you're still in school. But now that you're done, you're no more in her nest. However, to be safer, you may consider creating a new JAMB profile for this DE registration - thereby using a different phone number from the one used for your first HND or BSC admission.

RecommendedNYSC Certificates: 11 Answers to Pressing Questions

The University Won't Deprive you the Admission if Merited

Of course, you won't have any problem being admitted to the new university. They don't literally care about the fact that you'd once gained admission, undergone a university or polytechnic course, or still serving or already served. What matters is following the right channel to secure your new admission, which of course, is the JAMB direct entry.

In fact, you may resecure admission into the same university graduated from, if you're a BSC holder. No law stops you from taking your second-degree course on the same campus. This is different from trying to run two different courses together at the same time under the same university. Of course, rarely do we have universities that allow that.

RecommendedHow to Go About Quitting NYSC? Allowed?

NEED a guide, update, or answer on something? You can spend just #500 to get professional answers and guides. Click here to request Mr. Techie's INSTANT REPLY

HELP OTHERS:  People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

  1. Where Fingerprint is Needed for JAMB, PUTME, NYSC, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, etc.
  2. Can I Study Medicine After BSC Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc (Through DE)
  3. Can I Change from Art to Science/Commercial and Vice Versa?
  4. 16 University Education Courses You Can Do with HND
  5. HND vs BSc: How to Beat Degree with the Higher National Diploma
  6. Can I Do a Top-Up Degree While Serving at NYSC?
  7. How Long Does It Take To Get PPA After Relocation Approval?
  8. Dates of Birth: JAMB, WAEC, NIN, NYSC Solutions?
  9. How To Do JAMB DE Certificate Verification
  10. Expert's Step-By-Step Guide to Obtaining the Direct Entry Form


  1. Do any Nigeria University accept online pgd certificate.

    1. I don't have this update. You may need to visit any intending university for confirmation.

    2. Good day, please can I serve and run BSC Top-up at the same time? thank you.

    3. No. Most, if not all, require NYSC certificate for top up degree application.

  2. hello sir,can i process another admission immediately after finishing one without going for service.since after the second degree,iwillbe doing another service again

  3. As a direct entry that upgraded from jamb to jupeb, do I need my jamb result slip for my name to be on the matriculation list?

    1. You don't need a JAMB result. The DE number will replace the JAMB number.

  4. I’m in camp right now but I have admission via DE, can I take up the course after my orientation camp?

  5. I have admission to study medicine after my first degree in chemistry, but I’m serving right now( in orientation camp), I can run the admission when I’m out of camp right?


Just type your comment and post it. It will not appear until it is checked by admins. Check back to see your comment live.

If you want an immediate reply, you can request a reply @ #1000 through WhatsApp only at (08065152292). No call, please!

Techie BEC Konsult 7:54 PM (0 minutes ago) to me