Universities Accepting Lower Grades for Agric. Economics DE Admissions - School Contents

Updates and Guides on Schools, Jobs, Academic Programmes and Admissions.

You don't need JAMB-UTME Result! Gain Admission into 200 LEVEL via Direct Entry at DE-WISE IJMB Approved & Accredited School. Obtain your IJMB form today. #10,000 only! Call: 08030441046

Are you interested in education, job, and scholarship matters? A score of quality videos is waiting for you on this channel. Join Now!

Universities Accepting Lower Grades for Agric. Economics DE Admissions

JAMB logo
Not every admission seeker is favored with higher grades from NCE, ND, HND, or BSC, etc. Yet, those with lower grades or points from their previous universities, polytechnic, or colleges want to proceed to universities through JAMB direct entry. But the chance is very slim unless they can focus on the universities known for accepting lower grades including Lower credit, merit, etc.

This is why a careful DE applicant, with a lower grade, will want to know, forearmed, universities to consider.

Several universities offering Agriculture Economics and/or Extension also accept DE applications. However, a few consider lower grades. Below is the list of such universities as extracted from the official JAMB brochure.

List of the Universities Accepting Lower Credit, NCE Merit, etc. for Agricultural Economics and Extensions

  1. University of Nigeria (UNN) accepts ND/NCE/HND and Degree in Agricultural Science/Animal Health and related programs with a minimum of Lower Credit/merit in addition to UTME requirements.
  2. University of Benin (UNIBEN) accepts HND lower credit in any one of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, and Cooperatives, Fisheries, Forestry & Wildlife Mgt., Geology, Advanced Microbiology, Food and Brewing Science, Science Laboratory Technology plus the UTME requirements. The university also accepts NCE merit in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics plus the UTME requirements.
  3. University of Uyo (UNIUYO) accepts HND lower credit, NCE merit in relevant programs plus SSCE requirements.
  4. Taraba State University (TSU) accepts A’Level passes to include Chemistry and any of Biology, Agricultural Science, Economics and ND lower credit and NCE merit
  5. Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY) accepts 1) OND/HND in Agric and another relevant field with a minimum of Lower Credit 2.)  IJMB with 7 points credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science or Mathematics.
  6. Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ) accepts ND lower credit and NCE merit
  7. Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (EBSU): NCE with minimum merit passes in relevant subjects
  8. University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) accepts HND with at least a (Lower Credit) from a recognized institution, including UTME entry requirements for a 3-year degree programme. Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized institution with a minimum of Credit Pass, including UTME entry requirements

NOTE: A’level Includes the IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB A’level, Cambridge A’level


  1. Sir if jamb offered you admission into an institute and you were later withdrawn from the institute can you still register another jamb? will jamb still offer you another admission or not?

    1. Yes, you can reprocess another admission through JAMB. No problem with that.


Before you comment, read the post and earlier comments very well. I will NOT reply questions already covered. Don't include your email or phone number in the comments.